Epilogue

It's been five years since Camilo said those three words to me, though it feels as if it were only yesterday.

"I love you"

Every time he says them now, I think of where our relationship started. Back when we were only eighteen. I was new to the Encanto, still trying to earn everyone's trust.

That was the day Abuela finally apologized. She had held me and Camilo apart because of my past, tried to have him be with someone else, Ana. It took a little over a year for Abuela to finally be completely accustomed to me and Camilo being together, and it took around the same amount of time for me to forgive her.

I eventually moved out of the shared room with Mirabel, into Camilo's room. I was spending every night there anyways, so it made sense.

I had found my part in this family, I had friends and they all brought me happiness in the new life I had found. They made me feel as though I belonged.

Camilo and I still keep in touch with Ana. After all, we owe her for helping Abuela recognize that Camilo and I were meant to be together. She would come over to the Casita a couple times a year and stay for the weekend.

I have to admit, I can tell that she was pretty disappointed to find out Camilo and I were engaged. Though her sadness quickly shifted as she ran and gave the two of us a congratulating hug. Since then she's been spending a lot more time with Isabela.

Camilo proposed to me about a year ago. He had set up the most romantic picnic, with the most divine food and scenery. He was nervous that day, even just walking to the location, he had been shaking slightly with his hand a little sweatier than usual.

When he asked the question, I didn't hesitate to say yes. He is the only person I would ever want to spend the rest of my life with, and I could tell he felt the same.

And now here I am, holding the bouquet of flowers Isabela made for me. I am waiting to turn onto the isle, to walk in front of all my friends and soon to be family. To see the love of my life, waiting for me.

Mirabel was the last to walk before me. Just as it was almost her turn to go, she turned and gave me an encouraging smile before whispering, "you got this"

I smile back and she begins her walk. My hands are sweaty and my legs begin to shake. My breathing becomes shallow and I have to close my eyes to stop myself from passing out. I wait to hear the music change, my signal to go.

The music slowly transitions, giving me my cue to go. I try and calm myself, the last thing I want is to trip and fall on my face. I put one foot in front of the other, trying my best to stay upright. I turn the corner, and everyone is watching me.

My heart is in my throat, and I forgot how to breathe. I scan the crowd, I see Julieta, Pepa, Bruno, Augustin, Abuela, everyone who wasn't already standing at the front, and maybe half the town.

I slowly turn my gaze up to the end of the isle. Dolores, Mirable, Luisa, Isabela, and Ana are all smiling. I turn my head to see that Félix and Antonio are next to Camilo.

I straighten my head and lock eyes with Camilo. Suddenly all my fears are gone. My legs aren't shaking anymore, my hands aren't sweaty, and my breathing gets easier.

He's smiling, the brightest I've ever seen him smile. Well he did smile pretty big when I told him I loved him back for the first time. He had tears running down his face, and Félix quickly noticed and handed him something to wipe them with. He looks so handsome, I get butterflies in my chest.

I began walking, slowly so that I don't fall, but not too slow. My eyes never leave Camilo's, I look at his mouth as he discreetly mouths the words, 'I love you'.

I know he has said those words a million times by now, but my cheeks still blush as I take my spot next to him and he gently holds my hands.

"You're so beautiful mi amor" He whispers. If I wasn't blushing before, I definitely was now.

I don't even know what the officiant was saying, I repeated after him but I didn't focus on the words coming from my mouth. The only thing I was paying attention to was the love of my life standing in front of me.

I don't clue in until I hear that it is my turn to say, "I do"

Camilo practically jumps on me, his lips crashing into mine. I almost completely forgot that his entire family was watching. He pulls away and I smile.

"I love you" I whisper

"I love you too"

He takes ahold of my hand as we turn towards our family and friends. We begin walking back down the isle, with everyone following behind.

I leaned into him slightly and whispered, "To be completely honest, I though you were going to make a joke and shape shift into someone else while we were up there" I laugh

Camilo smiles and quickly shape shifts into Dolores, then back to himself, "I would never"

He kisses the top of my hand. Together we start a new chapter of our lives, I'm scared, but I know that with Camilo by my side, I'll be ok.

I still find it hard to believe that everything turned out this way, all because I was the New Girl.