Confrontation

A/N: Hi everyone, I just wanted to address something before beginning the next chapter so please take a moment to read.

I've had a couple people ask me about this story containing smut. My original plan for this story was to have a smut scene, however a lot of people on my tiktok (simpforcartoons04) were getting angry, so I had decided against it. I still want to and am willing to write one if the majority of my readers want it (reminder that I myself am a minor, and Camilo and y/n are 18 in this story) So please leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments, or send me a private message. I understand that many may find a scene like this uncomfortable or it is something that they don't want to read, so if I were to do one, I would make it very easy to skip and you wouldn't miss anything important if you chose not to read it.

Thank you all again so much, I love writing this story and I am so happy you guys like it. <3

Camilo and I look at each other, not sure what to do. Before he can say anything the door opens and Félix walks in.

As soon as Félix sees me, he slaps his hand over his eyes and starts backing out of the room.

"Use protection!" He shouts while closing Camilo's bedroom door.

We look at each other and burst out laughing. I'm just thankful that it wasn't Pepa who walked in, or worse... Antonio.

Both of us climb out of bed and I try not to look while Camilo finds a shirt to put on.

"How should I leave?" I ask

"What do you mean? You just walk out the door" He laughs

I roll my eyes, "What if someone sees?"

"So?"

I pause, "What if Abuela sees?"

"Ahh" He pauses to think

Camilo walks over to the door and peaks his head out. He looks up and down the hallway.

"Ok coast is clear" He says waving his arm signalling me to go

I quickly go up to the door, as I'm about to leave Camilo grabs my arm.

"You think you can just leave without saying goodbye?" He says looking into my eyes.

Camilo leans down and gives me a gentle kiss on the cheek, I smile before quickly running back to Mirabel and my room.

"Welcome back y/n" She says while sitting on her bed

"Hiiiii Mirabel"

"You have a good night?"

"Yes, yes I did. Thank you for asking"

Mirabel gives me a look, "That's it? You're not going to tell me anything?"

"Well he's you're cousin, I didn't think that you would want to hear more" I laugh

"That's true"

Together we laugh and head down to breakfast.

We walk into the kitchen and fill our plates with food. I go and take my seat at the table and give Camilo a smile. I work up my courage to look at Abuela.

She isn't showing any emotion and isn't looking at me. I guess that's not terrible. I need to figure out a time to talk to her, alone.

We finish breakfast and everyone slowly starts leaving the dining room. Camilo looks at me and holds out his hand for me to grab. I look at him, then Abuela, than back at him.

He nods his head, "I'll meet you outside" he gives a soft smile before stepping out of the room, leaving only me and Abuela.

"What are you doing y/n?" She asks with her back towards me

"Talking to you"

She turns to me, "About?"

I hate this, she's acting dumb. I don't want to get more on her bad side more than I already am though, so I take a deep breath and continue, I'm not backing out now.

"Camilo" I say with my arms crossed

"Ahh yes" Abuela says, "I see that you two have been getting pretty comfortable"

I roll my eyes, "Why is it that you don't want us together?"

She starts walking towards me, "I only want the best for my family y/n" She pauses, "And you... you are not the best"

My heart drops, "What?"

"I'm not letting a nobody, who was kicked out of their old village join this family"

"You know why I left" I say, my eyes begin to water

Abuela comes even closer to me, "You let your family die, how do I know that you won't do the same to this one?"

"I love my family!" I shout, "I did everything for them! Even if that meant having the whole village hate me!" Tears are rolling down my face

Abuela says nothing, she is looking into my eyes, showing no emotion of her own

"I really thought you liked me you know?" I say, "I thought you trusted me. You invited me to stay here, even when both Isabela and Camilo were against it"

"I let you stay here to get back on your feet, not to join the family"

"Why not" I say and I wipe my tears.

"What do you mean 'why not'"

"Why can't I be part of your family?" I have more confidence now, "What makes me worse than anyone else in this village?"

Abuela pauses for a moment, as if she doesn't know that answer herself, "I already have someone for Camilo"

I feel as if my heart stopped, someone else?

"Who are they?" I ask, "What makes them better than me?"

"I know them," she pauses, "and their family"

"MY FAMILY IS DEAD!"

"Exactly" Abuela walks out of the room.

I fall to the floor and cry. After a moment I feel someone sit next to me and wrap their arms around me in a big hug. I don't know who it is, I just lean into them and cry.

I open my eyes and Camilo looks at me, he has tears in his eyes too.

"Didn't go well?" He whispers

I don't answer, I bury my head in his chest and let it all go. I cry about my family, Abuela, him, everything. Camilo doesn't say a word, all he does is hold me tight.

Eventually I stop crying. Camilo lifts my head to look at him and wipes the tears off my face.

He doesn't ask, but I tell him anyways, "She already has someone for you"

He pauses for a moment, "Really? Unless it's you I have no interest"

I give a small smile at his response.

We sit in quiet for awhile, I don't feel like talking much. Camilo is playing with my hair when he finally breaks the silence.

"By the way, tomorrow is my birthday"