Start of the game

Chapter 23

Entering the the court alongside your team, you didn't notice much, your concentration was off.

Shiratorizawa made there way in and their cheer was probably the loudest cheer ever, but you didn't even notice that.
Afterwards The two teams shook hands...
'Is she alright?' Ushijima thought noticing that you're absent minded.

Your teams had time to practice some serves, warming up.
'Y/n!!' Kuroo yelled, from the audience.
'Huh?' You looked up seeing your friends.
'Omg hiii!!!' You replied and you realized the massive audience your match had.
'Woah how didn't I notice this, even Karasuno has a cheering group' you were astounded at how many people were watching.
Looking around the court you could see aoba josei, your friends and teams you've had matches against.

'Y-y/n are you alright?' Hinata asked worried seeing you in a daze.

'Did...I..do this?' Hinata thought sad.

'Y-yeah I am, s-sho-chan'
You coughed, trying to regain your composure,
'Sho-Chan I Hope you'll explain yourself later... but'
You paused, and smiled at him,
‚take responsibility for making me unfocused, hahaha, and thank you for being here' you gave him a light smack on the back.
'A-Alright and sorry' he smiled warmly.
'Ugh you're still cute!'
You patted his hair.

Back to yourself you needed to do something .
'L-let's Focus!!' you yelled and smacked your face loudly.
'Did she just smack her face?' Your friends thought confused.
‚Y/n are you really good?' Hinata asked very worried now.
And you nodded smiling.

Ushijima Heard the smack and watched you, smiling abit. ‚So now she's focused'

'Tobio, set a ball for me' you yelled.
He nodded and you jumped up.
Now in perfect form, you spiked the ‚ball' breaking it into shreds once again.
Regardless of how often anyone saw your serves, they gasped.
'So she has strength and skills' ushijima observed you.
‚What was that ball?' you asked your team, pretending you didn't just break another thing.
‚It didn't feel like the normal one' you looked to the shreds.
‚Yeah we have special ones for you' coach ukai said, continuing.
‚It's just for practice though'.

You frowned.
'Yeah I'll control it, no worries, I know how much strength I need, to break this ball' you said casually.
‚Ugh, please don't say it so casually' tsukkishima shivered, being reminded of your smacks.
‚What do mean?' you smirked shoving him gently.

'she is so casual about breaking the ball, is it the same innocent girl that liked talking about games with kenma, sometimes I forget she once belonged to the martial arts club' yaku said not functioning.

'I've got enough hits, to never forget that' kuroo said emphasizing with tsukkishima.

'She never hit me' kenma watched you.
And bokuto and akaashi nodded, 'we neither'
'I'm the only one?....Y/n!' He suffered quietly.

Before the game started, coach ukai called you.
'Y/n be our motivation and our powerhouse. Through your training, I know that you can stay in the game from the beginning until the end, you're stamina is great, but you'll be in the game after the 1st half until the end. So prepare yourself and observe the opposite teams techniques and twists, and focus on ushijima, his every move'
You nodded and wished your team good luck.
The game started.
Sitting on the bench you observed every movement of ushijima.
He felt your gaze and you two had eye contact.
‚so he already felt my gaze' you thought trying to find out different trades of his.
You smirked and observed him continuously.
Not expecting your smirk he blushed lightly.
‚Is ushijima blushing??' tendou asked confused.
He following his gaze, landing on you.
He was confused, he never saw ushijima like that.
‚This is getting interesting' he smirked.

Following the game you observed every member of shiratorizawa, even the members on the bench.
And everyone of them felt your piercing gaze.

the red haired dude is, very good at blocking' you stared at him, gaining a smirk from him.
And you quickly looked away nervously.
‚Did I stare too long?!' you said trying to avoid eye contact with him.
You were fascinated by his blocking and wanted to observe him, but everytime you did he would look back at you.

A/n: thanks for reading chapter 23, and thanks to all who keep on reading, happy holidays.
And until chapter 24(*゚∀゚*)