36

Phobia's pov

Raven warned me not to tell anyone who I actually was. She said I might enjoy this more if no one knows it's me.

After we got back to her room earlier she offered to let me go to this party instead of her. I agreed because I need more practice interacting with people.

I guess I should have listened and not told Loki who I was. Now he's anxious and it's all because of me.

"Sorry," I sigh apologizing for slamming my drink down a moment ago "I shouldn't have told you who I was. I'll go find someone else to bother." Maybe I can find Bruce and we can hang out some.

"Wait," Loki mumbles looking over at me "if we sit here for three hours does that count for tomorrow?" I frown not really knowing how to answer.

"I mean we only spent two hours together today," I huff pushing my hair behind my ear "but if you'd do four I'm sure it would be fine." He nods taking a shaky breath before drinking more of the very colorful drink in front of him.

We fall into a silence that is filled with his anxiety. I flag down the bartender who walks over with a very wide smile.

"What can I do you for?" He says "another snickerdoodle martini?"

"Yes and a gold rush for him," I wave over at Loki and take his drink smelling it as the bartender walks off "what is this?"

"I just ordered something random," he says frowning "your alcohol isn't strong enough to do anything so I just picked something random off the menu."

I contemplate taking a sip. It smells sweet and looks very blue.

"Don't you don't know what's in it. It might make you sick," Ravens voice comes from the mirror "just put it to the side. Someone will take it away." I nod pushing the cup away. Raven has more experience then I do so I trust her advice.

"So, why are you not with the others?" I ask smiling sweetly. That's a good question right? That can start a conversation.

The look he gives me tells me that was not a very good question to ask. I mentally go over everything I know about him.

"Right! You don't like crowds!" I rub the crease between my eyebrows "I apologize, I'm not very good at this." I look up at the bartender smiling my thanks as he hands me my drink passing Loki his.

"Ask him about books," Raven says catching my eye "or ask about his interests."

"Oh! What's your favorite book?" I ask perking back up "Raven enjoys the giver a lot." Loki looks down at his drink frowning.

"Most of the books of Midgard aren't as interesting to me as books back on Asgard. Though I have found Shakespeare was an interesting writer," he says taking an experimental taste of his drink he seems pleased with the flavor.

"I know Shakespeare," I say thinking of his works I try to decide which of his plays I like best "I like a midsummer night's dream best I think."

"Really?" He sounds doubtful "how did you feel about Romeo and Juliet?"

"It was kind of stupid if you ask me," I scuff "I mean if Romeo would have stopped being dramatic for a minute longer he would have seen that Juliet was just sleeping. Plus they had only had like three total conversations maybe."

"An interesting opinion," Loki says taking another sip of his drink. I don't really know if that's a complement or not. I try to think of something to say to fix it.

"Eh, I mean Raven and I had a whole breakdown of the play when we first read it. She thinks it's the parents fault that their kids died. I think it's on the two supposed love birds," I chuckle remembering the argument we got into. Grace was there too watching from the sidelines laughing behind her hand.

Loki doesn't respond and looks as if he's ignoring me. I frown trying to think of where I might have messed up the conversation.

I yelp softly as someone bumps into me from behind. I look over the room nervously suddenly feeling very out of place. Maybe this was a bad idea.

Loki frowns looking me over oddly. I take a sip of my drink. Maybe I can start a new conversation?

"Your nervous," he says it more as a statement then a question, although he seems very confused.

"I told you I didn't interact with people very often," I turn to look at my reflection Raven smiles back at me in reassurance "and this is a lot of people. I've been to clubs and stuff but this type of setting is totally different."

"You go to clubs?" Loki gives me a weird look and I nod about to explain when a hand comes down on my shoulder.

"Brother, I see you've made a friend!" Thor booms from behind me.

"She's not my friend," Loki scuffs rolling his eyes and turning back to his drink.

"I do hope he wasn't too rude with you," Thor says coming around to stand behind Loki.

"Oh! No, he's been very patient with me. I'm sure I'm a bit annoying," I say flashing a nervous smile Loki gives me a weird look. Was that an odd thing to say?

"I see," Thor says frowning before turning to Loki "the others would like for you to come sit by us. Feel free to join lady-"

I look at him confused as to why he held that out for so long.

"He's hoping you'll provide a name," Raven whispers from the mirror.

"Oh! Phoebe," I say with a forced smile "and sure, I'd love to come sit with you guys."

"Wonderful, come with me!" Thor says holding out a hand. I slowly grab it, looking at Loki for any guidance he may provide in this situation but, he's already put on his 'I don't care about the world' face.

Put on your best smile and go with the flow. This shouldn't be this hard phobia. Plus you know these people, it'll all be fine.

I take a breath and smile widely "lead the way!"