thirteen.

"Sorry.. What were you saying?" Xingqiu said, he couldn't listen to Chongyun help him with his math homework for shit. He couldn't listen.

Chongyun let out a annoyed sigh, "Okay. So you have to-"

This was just the tip of the iceberg of the annoyance Xingqiu and Chongyun started to feel for eachother.

February started rocky, with everything sinking in that this was it. After they graduated, they are on their own. If they wanted it that way. No one really wanted to leave, who really wants to be an adult anyway? Working 6 hour shifts at a diner was more than enough.

When you're young everything just feels so permanent, especially when you're trying to accept the fact that you're

And it was almost like Xingqiu was fading away into some different world, a world where he didn't need Chongyun.

Xingqiu was always talking to Mei. A girl that Chongyun was okay with. He thought she was cool, just another one of Xingqius friends. But, eventually, she's all Xingqiu ever talked about. Just Mei said this, Mei killed me with this joke, it was irritating. Almost like his own boyfriend had a crush on a girl that he says is a friend.

"Xingqiu— do you even love me still..?" Chongyun blurted out while they were cuddling and watching a movie.

"What?"

"I mean all you talk about is Mei! What, do you love her now? She even held your hand once. It was weird." Chongyun said, making Xingqiu upset.

"She's just a friend. I'm not that into girls anyway! I'm into you, Chongyun!" Xingqiu yelled, Chongyun felt guilt rise in him. His assumption wasn't exactly out of the blue, it made sense.

"I'm sorry. I just get jealous when she's all you seem to care about," Chongyun admitted, "it gives me the idea that you aren't into me."

"But I am. I love you," Xingqiu hummed, making Chongyun stay silent. Not bothering to say it back, no point in saying it back if he knows I love him. He thought to himself.

No fucking point.

"Baby! You can't eat the cookie dough-" Chongyun hissed, snatching away the spoon. "But it tastes good." Xingqiu pouted, making the rest of their group groan. Their coupley moments were embarrassing sometimes.

Cooking class was always like this, Xingqiu and Chongyun paired up with Lumine and Xiao. Groups of four, four idiots who had no idea what they were doing.

"Lumine you have to preheat the um- the oven. Yeah that's what it's called, took me awhile to get out." Xiao ordered, making Lumine snort at him panicking about cookies looking and tasting perfect.
"Hey, lovebirds! Help me with this!" Lumine yelled at the couple, making them arise from their cuddly nature.

Chongyun burned his hand putting the cookies in the oven, he said the oven mitts made him look like a grandma and a man can handle extreme heat. Clearly not.
"Idiot." Xingqiu whispered, putting a bandaid on his lovers burn. And while no one was looking, he kissed Chongyuns hand. "My idiot."

When cooking was over, it was time for study hall. Xingqiu needed to go to the library to help someone with their studies and Chongyun followed along, just for fun.

"I don't like how big this library is. It's so scary." Chongyun sighed, "This place is like, my heaven."

-

"Who are you tutoring-?" Chongyun asked, "Some sophomore. Helping him in literature which should be a cakewalk for me." He laughed, "You should get on your way,"