eighteen.

Xingqiu

"Xingqiu—" Chongyun whispered in the doorway, to which Xingqiu told him to shut up.
Nolan and Xiangling were passed out on the couch, with wine cups on the table.

"For fucks sake Xingqiu! Don't do this to me. No. I cant date you again, I cant do it." Chongyun panicked, pacing around Xingqius bedroom.

"I love you." Xingqiu whispered.

Chongyun went silent, his jaw dropping as if he's never heard that before. He has, the numerous Ted Mosby's he's dated said 'I love you' and he never dared to say it back. Because he's only ever loved one person.

"Shut up! No you don't. I'm terrible, Xingqiu. I'm flat broke, don't even have a job, and i've tried to get over you but I can't. I'm just pathetic." Chongyun rambled, and Xingqius mind was only on one thing. God, he hasn't changed.

I mean, what was he supposed to do? His crying ex boyfriend is in his bedroom, saying how much he sucks. Even though when they first broke up, they both messed up in different ways. It's like a cycle. You meet, you fall in love, you fall out of love, and you meet again.

"Can you promise that you'll get over me, then i'll get over you?" Xingqiu said, to which Chongyun nodded his head vigorously.

"Have a nice life."
________________

Nothing much happened, that's what they were both hoping really.

This encounter was an awakening for Xingqiu and Chongyun to just try and move on. They were still in their late teens with a whole life ahead of them, why go back to your ex?

But their minds wandered, especially Chongyuns. He loved Xingqiu more than anything still, and forcing yourself to fall out of love just isn't fun. But they had to move on, where can you go with your ex? If you were thinking nowhere you're onto something.

________________

"NOLAN!"

"What? Xingqiu is that you?" Nolan called from his room, he was playing video games in his room.

Xingqiu ran into Nolan's room, and fuck, he was smiling so much. The past couple of days he'd have flirty moments with Nolan, and he loved it. He loved the attention so much. And it hurt too, knowing that Nolan was so out of his league. Maybe he wasn't though, and just maybe, Nolan liked him back.

And Nolan did. Nolan liked Xingqiu so much.

He liked everything, he liked seeing Xingqius hair all messy in the morning. He liked how wine made Xingqius face all splotchy red and his attitude all sassy. He liked when Xingqiu hugged him too, cause' he hugged better than anyone he'd ever known.

"Can I ask you something?" Xingqiu mumbled, getting close to Nolan's face.
Nolan could only nod, any word would've came out as a squeak.
"D'you like me?" Xingqiu spoke. His high voice made Nolan choked up. Why here? Why now? Do people always come home and think 'Hey, i'm gonna go confess to my crush right now!'

"..Yes?" Nolan said, his voice cracking.

"That's what I thought."

Xingqiu wasn't thinking anything through, he wanted to kiss him so bad.
"I dare you to kiss me." Xingqiu said, filling the awkward silence.

Nolan didn't reply, he only reached closer to Xingqius face a griped it with his hand.
Kissing him was a little awkward, but he slowly sunk into the feeling of Xingqius pretty mouth he's wanted to kiss for a long time.

This quickly, very quickly turned into a makeout session. They melted into puddles of groans and name-whispering. Until the door creaked open, and Xiangling stood in the doorway, her eyes widened.

"Uh." Nolan squeaked out, his cheeks getting redder and redder.

Xianglings eyes looked from Xingqiu to Nolan and she felt her heart sank. Xingqius' always falling for the wrong guy, isn't he? His best friend? Not a good choice.
"Um. Do you guys want Chinese for dinner..?" She asked awkwardly, fidgeting with her hands.

"Sure." Xingqiu said, wiping his lips and walking out of Nolan's room.

________________

Chongyun

Chongyun opened up his journal, He hasnt written in it since 9th grade. But a lot has happened since that time, Its good to write out out feelings. Right?

Its been awhile, hasn't it?

Well heres my overly long entry, and ill act like this letter is going to someone. Maybe Ellen DeGeneres or something. Dr phil?

The past couple of months have been overly shitty. I've seen Xingqiu in public so many times, I'm seriously considering moving. Seeing him makes me mad. Why does he still make me feel so.. Warm? Its dumb. But I hope I get back together with him. Even though i've dated a guy since I broke up with Xingqiu. He was shitty though. Only wnted me for my dick.

Ive tried to lean off the vodka, cigs, and many other things. It just wont work. Anyways my hand is getting numb already. Signing off.

__________

If you understood the ted mosby reference i love you.

stay tuned bitches !