♥ Say Nothing ♡

Soft slivers of moonlight escaped the wrath of the curtain that hid away most of the shine. They illuminated the carpeted floor, right up to the smooth drapes of Lucy's bed. The blonde was right there, fast asleep in a tank top and shorts she had carelessly thrown on, but there was yet another inhabitant in her bed. 

Natsu gazed down at his sleeping princess. Her long feminine lashes covered those pretty brown eyes of hers, her pink supple lips slightly parted as she had an intake of breath, Lucy was enough to make any guy swoon. He twirled one of her silky golden locks around his index finger, watching it slip and fall back limply next to her beautiful face. 

He couldn't sleep, knowing that he could not rest until Lucy had gone to sleep. Even after she had fallen into slumber, he still watche her, how her chest rose and fall at each breath, realizing how human she was-- although she had the surreal beauty of an angel. He bit his lip, never knowing why he was so dumb not to see, not to appreciate such a friend in front of him; everything he had done for her, and everything she had done for him. 

He got up slowly from his spot, laying down next to her figure. One hand supporting his chin, he used his elbow to prop himself up on the bed so he could stare at her. 

It’s amazing how you

Can speak right to my heart

He smiled down at her, wondering how she touched him with her words, her actions; everything about her touched his heart. 

Without saying a word

 You can light up the dark

He lifted a finger, caressing her face gently as he stroked her lower lip. How her smile could bring the world back to life was something he would've never imagined. 

Try as I may I can never explain

What I hear when you don’t say a thing

Her silent words of encouragement always washed over him and brought him hope, and he could not have felt more protected than wearing a suit of armour. Natsu sat up from where he was, never taking his eyes off her. 

 The smile on your face lets me know that you need me

How many times has she actually smiled a genuine smile at him? He did not know, nor did he know for what reason, but it was good enough to know that he mad her happy, and she needed him there... to make her happy.

There’s a truth in your eyes saying that you’ll never leave me

He leaned in slowly, whispering those words to her. When they battled Hades, she showed him... what true friendship was. And he hoped that he was also the one... to show her that there is someone out there to be there for her. 

The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me wherever I fall

His mind was at when he fell, exhausted. He knew that he could've bossted himself up later on, even if he had used up most of his energy, but he had made Lucy worry. And she caught him. He got up, only in his white pants, and walked towards the moonlit balcony. 

You say it best

He slid open the door and breathed in, resting his arms on the ledge.

When you say nothing at all.

His eyes traveled to the street lamp, and how it was so similar to Lucy Heartfilia-- they both illuminate people's ways. 

All day long I can hear people

 Talking out loud

He turned with a jolt. There she was, with messed up bedhair and a small smile on her face. She went up to him and took his hands. 

But when you hold me near

You drown out the crowd

Her eyes filled with earnesty, Natsu pulled her into a hug, swaying lightly with the night wind. He hoped she didn't feel cold, but if she did-- well, he was here to keep her warm.

Try as they may they can never define

What’s been said between your heart and mine

They looked each other in the eye, and, I tell you, there wasn't a more magical moment. 

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me

There’s a truth in your eyes says that you’ll never leave me

The touch of your hand says that you’ll catch me wherever I fall

The two of them just stared into the night, holding each other in the comfort of the other's arms. A shooting star shot by, but they didn't notice it, and they didn't need to. (A/N: If you get what it means, I salute you. :')

You say it best

I guess it's best... Lucy closed her eyes... to keep quiet.

when you say nothing at all.

 ~End~

~>*<~

Roll credits! I hope that was okay, minna~ small treat for Fairy Tail 2014's 1st anniversary ever! :) Come to think of it, I do one-shots like every day, so it's counted nothing special... is it?

Anyway, hope you guys liked that! :)

-Kaya xx