♡ Hero ♥

Prepare your tissues, fairies. This is a sad one and it's bound to make you cry. 

Dedicated to @HeartInTheKeys for being so wonderful! Check her out, her works are awesome! :3

Play the song now, watch the video afterwards. I swear, it will make you cry ;'(

~>*<~

Let me be your hero

Tears fell down Lucy’s cheeks as an angel whispered in her ear; her gaze fixed on a picture of her and Natsu, her deceased boyfriend.

Would you dance if I asked you to dance?

Her memory took her back to the time where she and Natsu first danced, practicing for the ball. Lucy missed his touch on her waist terribly; she missed the feel of his fingers in hers.

Would you run
And never look back?

She thought of that time when they were stuck on Tenrou Island, when Master Makarov told them to run, and Natsu yelling.

Would you cry
If you saw me crying?

Lucy remembered the time in Edolas, when she grabbed Natsu around the waist to hold him back. She knew that Natsu hadn’t really cried, but she knew tears would not express the grief he felt inside.

And would you save my soul, tonight?

Her arms curled around Natsu’s during the fight with Hades; he’d said, “At least I still have a friend beside me.”

Would you tremble
If I touched your lips?

She reminisced their first kiss, it had been so sweet, so subtle Lucy couldn’t have got enough of it.

Would you laugh?
Oh please tell me this.

She looked up to see a picture of all of them laughing together as a team, and more tears rolled down her red face.

Now would you die
For the one you loved?

Yes, yes, of course I would, Lucy thought, and she knew that Natsu had said the exact same thing.

Hold me in your arms, tonight.

Those countless nights when Natsu rested peacefully in her arms, why didn’t she cherish them?

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.

Lucy remembered falling from the Infinity Clock, and an image of Natsu tripping but nevertheless catching her flashed through her mind. She clutched her heart and tears fell onto the carpet.

I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

When Phantom Lord had come to attack, Natsu had saved her; he always had.

Would you swear that you'll always be mine?

“I love you, Lucy.”

“I love you too, Natsu.”

Or would you lie?
Would you run and hide?

No, never would I, I’d always be the proud girlfriend of the late Natsu Dragneel. As she thought this, tears rolled down her front.

Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care...
You're here tonight.

Oh, how she wished that he could be here tonight.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

Lucy sniffed and clambered into her bed. She missed Natsu’s warmth, his touch, his everything. She just wished she could be with him, right here, right now. Natsu had died for her, and his last wish was for her to live life happy but how could she, when the only thing in her life that kept her happy was gone? Grief submerged her; she just didn’t want to live anymore, but she had to. For Natsu’s sake. Lucy looked up at the ceiling and thought she saw a faint glimmer of light dancing about in her room, but she was so sad, she thought she might be hallucinating.

Oh, I just want to hold you.
I just want to hold you, oh, yeah.

She thought of Éclair’s death and Natsu’s warm comforting arms around her, shielding her from any danger they encountered.

Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
Well, I don't care...
You're here tonight.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain, oh, yeah.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

Her memory took her back to the first time they’d met; he’d broken the spell cast on her and saved her. She knew he’d always stand alongside her at that moment. But it turned out to be false. Where was he now? Is he alright, even though he’s dead? Lucy’s tears shimmered brightly in the moonlight.

I can be your hero.
I can kiss away the pain.

She knew she’d seen that faint glimmer which transformed into Natsu, his arm outstretched and a smile on his face like when she saw him at the golden grasslands. “I’ve come to take you home,” he mouthed silently, and Lucy knew that she now had his blessing.

And I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

She reached out to touch him, her hand lightly resting in his. She shed tears of pure joy, knowing that she could now join her beloved anywhere he was.

You can take my breath away.

She let Natsu’s grip succumb her and pull her far away from her bedroom, and closed her eyes.

I can be your hero.

 ~>*<~

Uwaa >< crying. The song is killing me. Honestly feel that this was the best one-shot I've written, although the song did most of it. Thanks for reading, and if you liked it, give it a vote, please?

-Kaya-chan