♡ Dream ♡

Hello minna! Thanks for supporting me like, since forever! Lol, that was random. 

Dedicated to Saelaria for being a good sport! Hey there Saelaria-chan, a NaLu one-shot, somehow based on your theory (or what you call 'crazy comment' :)! Hope you like it!

Aaanyway, a NaLu one-shot fow all of yew! :3 While you're at it, let's play a game: SPOT THE REFERENCES. Have fun! :)

~>*

Hearing him say those words “I love you” was like a dream, a hallucination, a mirage.

It only shatters when those words are not meant for me.

After all, he himself is already a dream. He was always not mine to begin with. Perhaps I am not special enough to catch his eye, to attract his attention, to coax a word out of his mouth. Who was I to think that for once, maybe, he would turn my way and flash me that smile with his beautiful teeth?

Silly girl.

~>*

What have I done?

Or more importantly, what has Gray done?

All for a stupid dare, to profess my fake love to Lisanna… I could already make out Lucy just behind the large oak tree.

Had she heard my every word? My heart yearns for her, not Lisanna. The only good thing is Lisanna already knows it’s a dare; she tells me to chase after her retreating figure.

I know I can’t; she’s heard what I’d said. I know explaining it would only make it worse. Furthermore, I don’t even deserve her; her kind nature, her pretty face, her beautiful smile. What am I to do, now that she is nothing but a dream?

~>*

I chase after her, rain splashing down on the sidewalk. She hears my footsteps and screams, “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”  I grit my teeth and run harder than I’ve ever ran before.

At that moment she slips, and nearly falls; I catch hold of her shoulder, and spin her around to face me. Time stops for us, I look into her eyes and she looks back into mine.

Finally, I decide to end the moment. “Lucy Heartfilia.” My voice is dangerously low.

She daren’t look me in the eye. “I’m sorry.” All I want now is to take her into a bear hug.

“Why are you running away from me?” My expression softens; I brush a stray lock to the back of her face and caress her cheek while she stares at me, wide-eyed. Then, before she could say anything else, I kiss her.

It is short and sweet; the moment I touch her lips, rain starts to pour from the sky. She closes her eyes and runs her fingers through my hair. As we ended it, foreheads touching, the rain thickens, but I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care.

~>*

We just stand there, air filled with our steady breathing, my hands on his shoulders, his on my face. “I love you, Lucy,” Natsu nuzzles my neck. “Don’t you run from me ever again.”

“I promise,” is all I say, and I lean against his chest, feeling his warmth. He wraps his arms around me, protecting me from the rain.

I want to kiss him again, but instead look down at my hands on his chest and whisper, “Pinch me.” He chuckles softly as he strokes my head, and asks why. “I’m just wondering whether this is just a dream.”

He laughs lightly and leans toward my face. Before claiming my lips, he smiles that smile I love. “You are my dream.”

 ~>*

How was it? Personally I like the kissing scene ;-; I felt that Natsu-talking-to-himself's part was cliche, ugh. But if you liked it, please give it a VOTE! And, if you don't mind, give me some feedback in the COMMENTS below! Arigatou minna! 

So, the answers for the Spot The References game: Nelly, Divergent, and Tangled! The song 'Just A Dream' by Nelly was what inspired me to write this, and that phrase from Divergent.. you get the idea. And lastly, 'you are my dream'... sound familiar? :)

Thanks for reading guys, and I hoped you enjoyed this! 

-Kaya-chan 

P.S Just noticed the bold. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care.