7. The Proposal pt2.

Merella's POV
"I do need you Camilo."I tell him. He just squeezes my hand and laughs. He looks down at me and I stare into his brown eyes. He makes me feel so safe.

"Pienso en ti siempre. I always think of you." he tells me. I blush and try to calm my pounding heart. He smells like old books and baby powder. I smile to myself, never wanting this moment to end. But time goes on, moments end.

I wake up with a jolt and realize that I had fallen asleep. I mumble, "Crap, my parents must be so worried." Then I realize that Camilo was asleep in my lap. I look down at his face, beaming. I tuck one of his curls behind his ear and run my fingers through his hair. He looks so calm when he's asleep. My sudden touch makes him wake up. For a few seconds he just lays there looking longly into my eyes. I clear my throat and say, "Camilo, I have to go home now, but um thanks for tonight."He jumps up and extends his hand towards me. I smile and take it.

He pulls me up and says "Let me walk you home." We walked quickly back to my house. Camilo picks me up then shifts to be extra tall and sets me inside my room. I lean out my window, my hair swirling with the wind, looking into his eyes.

I give him a quick peak on the cheek and say "Gracias por una noche maravillosa. Thank you for a marvelous night." His face lights up.

"Anytime Mer." He shifts back to normal size and waves while running back to his house. I laugh as he trips over his own feet. When I turn my back to my window I sink to the floor smiling to myself. I hug my knees and giggle with pure joy and happiness. I fling myself onto my bed. I lay there for hours trying to calm my speeding heart.

By morning I got about an hour of sleep. All night I had just repeated the last night in my head. I laid there smiling until my mom came into my room to tell me to come help with chores. I jumped out of bed full of energy to start the day. That is until the cracks formed. I immediately knew what was happening and I ran to the house of the Madrigals. I got there just in time to hear Pepa scream. I almost did to when I saw all the cracks. Mirabel and Alma were fighting in the middle of the house. I ran up to Mirabel and stood between her and her grandmother.

"Move child. Before it's too late." Her grandma tells me but I stand my ground. Mirabel holds my hand and pulls me with her rushing to get the candle she manages to get to house to give her a ladder. Her mom shouts for Mirabel. The house manages to push the whole family out of the house but in the act of doing so my leg got caught in a crack. I stay there with tears running down my face. I watch closely as Mirabel grabs the candle and gets to the floor. The house starts to fall almost in slow motion. I sit there, my life flashing before my eyes. Suddenly the house covers me with two doors and does the same for Mirabel. In an instant the house is gone. Even though the dust was clearing, my vision wasn't. "Not now." I beg. And suddenly my vision goes black.