8. The Dust Clears

Camilo's POV
"Where is Merella? Where is she?" I run from family member to family member searching for an answer. But nobody had one. They found Mirabel so why could we not find Mer? As soon as Mirabel was found, she ran away. Half the family went in search of Mirabel while the other half stayed looking for Merella. How could I have lost her. I cant loose her.

"Camilo over here!"my mother shouts. I look up and run over to her and I see it. Underneath a pile of rubble is a piece of Merella's dress. "Everyone come help!" My mother yells to the others. We quickly start to move the rubble off of Merella. Half the town was know here including her parents who were struck with fear. I struggled to get the last piece off of her but when I did I gasped. Her leg was caught in a crack and was turning blue and black from bruising. She laid there with her eyes close, covered in dust. I put her head in my lap and brush the dust off of her face.

"Does anyone have any water?" I ask. Mer's mom looks around and then runs over. She grabs something off the ground and runs back. It's Mer's water pouch. She's pours it over Mer, like she had before. "She still isn't responding." I say with tears running down my face. Suddenly Merella takes a sharp breath in yet she doesn't wake up.

The town takes her back to her house and I bring her to room. Her parents and I sat by her side until the sun set. "Camilo, we have to go close the shop. Can you watch Merella for a while?" I nod in agreement. I sat there for a few minutes just waiting. I stared at her hoping her eyes would open up. Her mom came back into the room with Mirabel.

"Mirabel! I'm so glad you're ok." I saw jumping up to hug her. She pulled out of the hug quickly and pushed past me to Merella. Tears streamed down her face, making small trails in her dust covered face. Mirabel took out a vile from her pouch and pour the liquid down Merella's throat. For a second it seemed like nothing was happening until a flash of golden light beamed from Merella's chest. She took in a sharp breath. Her glowing body was literally floating above her bed. The light shined so bright that for a moment I couldn't see. When my vision re-adjusts I see Merella standing in front of me. Her skin was still glowing faintly. She took and step towards me smiling like she had never smiled before.

"Merella!"I laughed picking her up and swirling her around. We laugh until I set her back on the ground. I stare into her eyes, as I feel our heartbeats syncing to eachother. They beat to their own tune, like nothing else matter and nothing did. It felt like the only people in that room were Mer and I. I pulled her into a strong hug. She looked up at me. I cupped her face whipping away the tears streaming down her face. I lean down to whisper in her ear, "Te necestio." She looks into my eyes, and her lips brush against mine. Her lips felt like a butterfly had landed on my lips

"I need you too." She says. My heart beat faster and faster as her face came closer and closer to mine. I knew that after this moment everything would change. I could feel her breathe on my face. I pulled her face closer to mine and softly kissed her. Our hearts created a symphony that would last for a life time.