10. The Night Glows

Camilo's POV
Pepa had just called for the girls to come down and I was so excited that I couldn't help bouncing on my toes. Mariano was totally giving me the side eye but I didn't care. The girls stepped out of Isabella's
room and they walked down together giggling. Dolores popped her head over Luisa's shoulder and her face lit up when she saw Mariano. She practically jumped down the stairs to hug him.

And then I saw her. My girl. My Merella. She was practically gliding down the stairs. She was wearing a blush pink dress that flowed behind as she walked. Her hair was braided with a couple small violets braided in. Her eyes shone with excitement and anticipation. I smiled up at her and she smiled back. I walked towards her and she walked towards me. I reached out my hand and smiled as she took it. Even the slightest touch from her shot electric waves through my body.

"Hola Camilo." Mer said smiling up at me.

"Hola mi vida." I replied. She laughed quietly and I led her to the party. It was outside because the weather was so nice and the air was warm. She took a deep breath in and I watched her as the wind made some small curls that had escaped her braid swirl around her face like it was dancing. I turned her to face me, and I carefully tucked one of the curls behind her ear. She flushed and pulled me to the dance floor. We danced for hours. We laughed and sang. I took her hand and spun her in a circle. She laughed as I dipped her. Her parents watched us with loving eyes. I pulled her away from the crowd to lead her to a hidden spot. For a while we sat there just trying catch our breath. "Gosh Mer, I forgot to tell you how pretty you look right now." As I told her this her face lit up.

"Thanks Camilo." she said. We decided to just sit there for a while and listen to the party. She leaned her head back against the wall and sighed. All I could was look at her, just trying to take in all that she was. She was my world. Hesitantly I reached for her face. I cupped her chin and gently turned her face towards mine. Her eyes stared longingly into mine. Her lips were parted slightly. I was captivated by her every move. Her face moved close to mine. For a few minutes we just sat there, waiting for someone to move.

Finally I did. I leaned into her and connected our hearts once again. The kiss was filled with passion. Her hand reached up and connected behind my neck. I moved my hands playing with her hair. She pulled out of the kiss resting her forehead against mine. We stayed in this position, just holding each other. Our breathing synchronized and it felt once again like nothing else mattered. Her eyes fluttered open to look into mine. Looking into her eyes was like when a sailor gets caught in a storm. Nerves and excitement filled the air. The party was slowly dying down and people started to leave. She turned away from me and all I wanted was for her to turn back and for us to stay connected. Her hand even slipped out of mine as she leaned to hear if her parents had called her name.

They had indeed, so I watched Mer stand up brush off her skirt. She turned back to me and extended her hand out towards me. I took it gratefully, pulling myself up. Merella smiled at me, kissed my cheek and ran to join her parents. As I watched her run away from me it took all of my strength to not run after her, begging for her to not leave. "Gosh I'm being so dramatic." I say to myself, but I still couldn't stop the feeling. There will always be tomorrow, I can always spend more time with her tomorrow.