27. The Dinner pt.2

Merella's POV
My breath hitched when I saw them. It was Maria and she was all over Camilo. She was laughing at something he had said. I scoffed as I sat down at the table. Isabella sat on my left and Mirabel quickly sat on my right. We were directly across the table from them. I fixed my posture and stared them down.

Camilo cleared his throat and said "I like your new hair M" But I cut him off before he could finish.

"You don't get to like it." I scoffed at him. He nodded then continued his conversation with Maria.

"Ugh I knew she was bad news when she moved here." Mirabel whispered in my ear. Just then Abuela stood up to make a toast.

She waited until she had everyone's attention then said, "Thank you all for coming tonight. We are very blessed that such a lovely lady could come tonight. The relationship between Camilo and Maria will blossom and grow the miracle." Then she mumbled, "Unlike Camilo's and Merella's relationship." My heart stopped. How could she be so harsh. I took in a sharp breath, staring at my plate. I was sure no one else heard what she said but when I looked up I found Camilo's eyes on mine. Before I could see how he felt he looked away. Maria continued again to cling onto Camilo's arm. She was gushing about his everything. This dinner was making me feel worse and worse. When it was finally over I excused myself from the table and quickly ran to leave. I couldn't really see where I was going due to the tears in my eyes so I left my feet lead the way. Then I smacked into someone. I hit them so hard that I landed on the floor. I looked up to see Camilo.

"Congrats on the new engagement." I sneered. Camilo offered his hand to help me up but I pushed it away.

"Mer if you would just let me explain." He started. I raised my hand before he finished.

"No Camilo. Don't call me Mer. Don't try to explain or try to apologize. You did something you can never take back." I said as the tears came back. Camilo was clearly hurting but I could care less. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Bruno.

"Let me take you home Merella." He said steering me away from Camilo. Once we got to my door Bruno looked at me and said, "Remember, you get to choose your fate." I nodded at his kind words and went inside. I would choose my own fate, no matter the cost.