16. The Rumors

Merella's POV

I started to notice that Dolores was looking at me weird. When I went to their house to help out she practically ran away from me. I just shrugged it off not really caring. I played with Antonio and his new animals. Mirabel helped me to stitch a couple more raindrops too. Camilo and most of the family was out of the house today so it was just Mirabel, Dolores and I. Even Antonio ended up leaving. Mirabel and I ran around the house playfully, laughing our heads off. Dolores peaked her head out of her room and waved at us. We waved walking away after deciding to go for a walk. As we were walking I started to hear whispers.

I turned to look at a group of girls gossiping and said "What's going on?" They looked up startled but quickly beckoned us over.

One girl with curly black hair started with "There's a rumor going around. It's about Andres." I sucked in a quick breath waiting for her to continue. "Apparently he moved her because his family went bankrupt."

Just then a blond girl piped up. "I heard that he moved here because he knows someone in town." This went on and on as the girls shared what they had heard. My thoughts were clouded with the rumors and as I saw Andres running up My heart couldn't help but to start to speed due to all the secrets I had on him.

"Hey Merella." he said with a smirk. It took me at least five seconds before I could collect my thoughts enough to reply.

"Hola Andres. Everything ok." I said gesturing to his fist. It was all scabbed over and bruised. He quickly stuffed it in his pocket while nodding. "Follow me" I told him taking a couple steps in front of him. I lead him back to my cafe where I had him sit down. Since Julieta was out of town she wouldn't be able to heal him. I went into the back and got two glasses of water. One I quickly drank and the other I brought back to the front setting it down next to Andres. I slowly bent the water out of the cup moving it to cover my hand like a glove. I then moved my hand over his slowly healing  his hand. When I finish he flexed his hand in awe.

He laughed and said "Wow Merella, you're pretty amazing." I nodded back at him with a tight smile. I heard the door open so I quickly went behind the counter to help. I had my back turned to the customer quickly putting my apron on. I was listing the specials that we had that day when I turned to see Camilo. He was leaning on the counter smiling at. I went up to him, still behind the counter. He pulled my apron over and kissed me passionately. I broke the kiss by laughing.

He laughed at my reaction "Hola mi vida." I quickly glanced at Andres who was just hunched over at the table that I had left him at. I grabbed an arepa from behind the counter and brought it over to him. I smiled as he took it. He bite into it as he left while nodding his thanks. Camilo came up from behind me putting his arm around my shoulder staring after Andres.

I kissed him quickly, while pulling his shirt leading him to the back room. I started to kiss his neck and his hands found my hair. He tugged at it slightly which cause me to gasp with the sudden feeling. His eyes looked full of lust and need. But they also seemed distant. He still kissed my back knocking down a couple measuring cups to push my against the table. My hands were around his neck as we kissed with fire.

Then I heard the front door open. An old lady called to see if anyone was here. I hastily patted my hair and rushed into the room. I served her quickly and waved as she left. Then I hung up my apron and brought Camilo into my room. He tackled me into a hug and knocked us over onto the bed. He then just laid there and held me. He kissed me quickly and then jumped out of bed extending his hand towards me. I took it hesitantly and was shocked when he started to dance me around my room. I laughed as we knocked into everything in my room. He spun me in a circle. We danced for a while longer until we were both out of breath. Laughing falling onto my bed I smiled while holding his hand. This would be a memory that I will always cherish.