17. Grey Eyes

Andres POV
I was still shocked at how Merella healed my hand. All I could do was just stare at it while opening and closing my hand. I decided to go to her cafe and ask her about it. I pushed through the door smiling as her head snapped up. She smiled back and walked over towards me.

"I have a couple questions." I started. She nodded and pulled up a couple chairs.

"Have at it." she said with a smile. I sucked in a breath ready to tell her everything but I chickened out.

"Ok so how did you heal my hand?" I asked with a tight smile. She explained basically how she was given a miracle at the price of her parents life. "I'm so sorry for your los-." I say but she cuts me off with a wave of her hand.

"Don't be. I barely remember them. Besides my adoptive parents now are better parents than my real ones ever were. I'm very thankful for everything they've given me." She said quickly shutting down the conversation. I nodded and quickly said goodbye while walking out the door. This time she didn't wave but hastily walked upstairs. I stuffed my hands in my jacket and walked along the path. My head was down as I let my feet lead me. I ran head first into someone. I stumbled back and looked up to see Camilo glaring at me. He still offered me a hand but then quickly pulled it back once I was up. I laughed when he shifted to me and walked away mocking my posture. I was starting to walk away when I heard him call my name.

I turned around and saw his face covered with a haze of gloom over his face. He walks back up to me and says, "Did you visit Mer earlier?"

"Yeah I did I had a couple questions." I said with anger in my voice after being questioned so hardly.

"Well for your information, you made her cry. Dolores heard everything. For her sake don't bring up the past." He said. I thought for a second that maybe he knew but I knew that it would be impossible. I nodded and walked back to my house. I watched from my window as Camilo met Merella with a hug and how he comforted her by making her laugh. I sighed rolling over to look at my pictures. I walked over to the one of Merella and I. I took it out of the frame and flipped it over looking at our shaky writing. The words vaguely spelled out " Ella and Andres BFFs". It was covered with a million smiley faces as well. I carefully put it back in the frame and went to bed. I woke up to a voice outside my window singing a song that I recognized. I ran outside to see Merella just laying in the middle of the road looking at the sky.

"Can I help you?" She asks without even looking my way. I don't reply with words but I do finish her song. She sits up and stares at me. "How do you know that song?"

"My mom used to sing it to me and my best friend when we were kids." I said with a shrug. I couldn't see her face in the darkness but I heard her suck in a breath.

"That song is the only thing that I remember from before I came here." I sat down next to her and looked into her eyes. I was shocked to see that her eyes were a blue green.

"You know, you're eyes used to be grey."