12. Sarsaparilla

PSA - Mariposa = Butterfly in Spanish

It's Monday morning and I am groggy and tired. I spent the weekend doing absolutely nothing but sleeping and going to the gym.

You would think I would be recharged and energetic.

Wrong.

Turns out the older you get, there is no such thing as the right amount of sleep and exercise.

I'm outside a coffee shop near the building, called Amour coffee's. It's my 400th time here in two weeks and I have to say I can't get over how adorable this place is.

The owners really made it feel like Paris.

The chairs and tables reflect the chic rustic Parisians streets and the hints of copper here and there make it feel like the shop has been here for years.

And don't get me started on the fresh flowers and their scent that perfectly ties with the scent of coffee beans and pastry.

Fuck, I could have a non sexual orgasm just standing here.

I ordered a Large latte with one pump of caramel and some whipped cream. oh and I got a chocolate filled croissant and I am in heaven.

I've been sitting here for 30 minutes and can not bring myself to finish my croissant, because the minute I finish eating, is the minute go to work.

Now, just in case your sitting there and wondering. why the hell is she so concerned about going to work.

Well, two weeks ago Martinez and I managed to almost kiss and then he was at my place at midnight waiting to give me back my necklace and I completely dismissed him and really hurt him.

How do I know?

Well, he called me Ines, Ines.

What the fuck. I have known him for years and he has never used my first name, ever. 

Even when we got into trouble with the principal. I was always Jacklyn or Mariposa, which one is my last name and the other I am told is Spanish. I don't know what it means though?

So yeah, I can't face him or Natasha . I can't explain why I acted the way I did. I couldn't explain it even if I wanted to.

So here I sit at the window watching people go by hoping a car comes crashing in and hits me in its path so I don't have to face him.

As I'm sitting the time keeps moving and I finally stand to go forth and face the day. I walk slowly out of the shop and thank the woman at the counter who made my coffee and she waves me off with a warm smile and have a nice day.

I honestly have been living in the place for the past two weeks . Fuck calories. I made it my mission to try everything in that glass that is edible. It's my new life mission.

Before I know it I'm outside the building. I look up and see the clubs emblem and take it in. Here goes nothing, scanning my key-card I run in quickly as I can in heels upstairs where I know Natasha will be waiting.

Well, she is not here yet, because it's Frank who greets me with his toothy grin.

"There she is, the one keeping my boys on their toes." I look behind me and I can't comprehend if he is referring to me or someonelse, because I sure don't think I'm keeping the boys on their toes.

"You Ines, anyways are you excited about the trip on Wednesday?"

Trip?

I'm guessing my confusion is very clear on my face because Frank laughs, and when I say laugh not a light chuckle, I mean a deep one from his stomach revealing his smile lines and dimples.