Chapter One-A Servant's Tea

(One hour before the ghost incident)

Melanie knocked on the door.

        "COME IN!", I yelled.

         "Here's the Tea and cakes Sirs! Fresh!", Melanie said, bowing.

          She had long, black hair, brown eyes, and petite.

           She wore a grey colored servant's dress, slim legs, and black colored stockings, and black (ribboned) boots on her small feet.

              And small breasts.

              "Please have some yourself", I told her.

              "Oh, thank you, Sir Robert", Melanie said.

               I didn't correct the young servant girl. She needed some happy news after we dealt with the tragedy.

              She grabbed a cup of warm tea and two cakes, and placed them on the silver colored tray...Then opened the huge doors...And ate in the servants' quarters that was down the long hallway...and to the right.

"As I said, it is important to make sure that we go forward...Once the funeral is over, we can deal with other family things", I told Roger.

              "Aye...Now, let's enjoy our tea and cake...I'm hungry", Roger said...as he sat down on one the chairs at The Dining Room, and, like I, savored a meal that was so delicious that we wanted more cake.

            "Don't be too greedy, brother", Roger said, laughing.

            "Indeed", I said, and laughed as well.

            And, for the rest of the afternoon, there was a happy sense of calm at Sheppard Bridge Manor...A calm that made us feel better, as a warm breeze wafted through Sheppard Woods...The brown colored leaves leaving a huge trail over the cobbled road that led up to the front gate entrance to the Manor.

Page 1