Chapter Twelve-Photographic evidence of a suicide ghost

(Half an hour earlier)

The front door bell rang.

       Charles DeWitt was standing outside on the cobbled road.

        Roger opened the door.

         "Hello Charles! How have you?", he asked.

          "Good, I just had an invitation to go on a ghost hunt in London Town. Nasty business...A ghost was haunting a young couple...and they wanted some help...I told them that I'd take the case on...Anyway, I was in the area when I spotted Sheppard Bridge...That Bridge, brother, is so haunted that even going there brings chills to my blood", Charles answered.

          "The servant girl Melanie saw Emma Fitzhume's spirit jump off the Bridge an hour ago. The poor girl was so scared that Robert attended to her...Frightfully horrible...She said that the spirit is killing herself over...and over again...We want to get evidence that there is a ghost..But since...", Charles begun.

            "Emma was going to marry me...But her Father forbade the marriage", Roger sighed.

            "Forbade! I was going to enjoy the wedding, brother...The nerve of The Old Fool! Never has his arrogance befoul these beautiful walls and halls of the Manor! Such impertinence! Anyway, I shall have some dinner and then we can hunt tonight", said Charles, as he strode boldly inside...unaware of the ghostly figure of Emma was watching her brother from the dark shadows of the upper staircase with a look of pure hatred in her evil, pale face.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Charles had long, black hair, brown colored eyes, and tall.

          He wore a long, black colored coat, a black colored waistcoast, a white colored cravat around his neck, (with ruffled sleeves), red colored baggy breeches, and black colored (ribboned) shoes. And a silver colored watch on his right hand.

             He stared up at the staircase.

             And he saw the shadow of Emma.

              And he screamed.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Page 12