Chapter 1

Chapter 1
"There is no need to stress, I am right next to you. What's the worst thing that could happen?"
"Nat I can kill someone!" Wanda yelled.
"You can do that easily with your powers" Nat laughs.
"That's different and you know it, I can't do it" Wanda looks out of the window.
"Well what if we just start the engine and start slow" Wanda sighs and flips the key and hears the engine start. Her heart beats very fast. She has killed evil robots and fought bad guys, but this has to be on an other level.
"Alright now use the gearshift and put it in one, while you do it keep your feet on that thing" Nat says while pointing down at Wanda's feet. Wanda nots and lets out a sigh while doing what she's told. "That's amazing, alright now slowly let go, the car will start driving and then press the gas with your feet and put it in two"
"Those are a lot of steps, I got it, I got it" she feels her hands shaking while pressing the gas and shifting to two.
They start driving and Wanda looks a lot around. It's very quiet in the morning. Not a lot of people are on the street and not a lot of cars are driving on the road.
"At the end of the road turn right, show it with that little stick thing next to the wheel" Wanda nods after a minute she turns it up. "You need to turn it up, now where going left."
"Omg alright" she flips is up and turns right. She turns right still a little scared but getting better. Natasha just sits relaxed on her seat.
"Alright, this is good, shall we go to a parking space and try parking?" Wanda just nods. They are just driving, now a little faster than first. Natasha thinks it went very well and didn't pay attention and wanted to put on some music. She grabs her phone out of her bag.
"What are you doing?" Wanda asks. Keeping her eyes on the road.
"Choosing a good playlist to listen too, while we drive to a parking place." She scrolled through her phone. Wanda looks at the phone and before she can look back at the road she sees a person walking across the road. To late to hit the breaks. She closes her eyes and only feels the car hitting the person that rolls over the car. Both woman scream and Wanda stops the car. Her whole body shaking and tears filling her eyes.
"I killed someone, Nat I killed someone" she can't look anywhere else. She just sits there. Natasha puts a hand on Wanda's shoulder. "This is not your fault, I didn't pay attention which I should, but we can't just sit here." Wanda only nods and both woman step out of the car. They walk to the back and see a woman laying on the road. Natasha bends down and feels if there is a heartbeat. "She is not dead, we just need to call 911" Natasha says. Wanda's eyes go big.
"Call 911, but what if I have to go to prison, I can't they don't put me in a normal prison you know"
"Wanda calm down, no one goes to prison, we take her to the hospital and we wait till she wakes up and say that it was an accident, she doesn't have to put charges against us"
Wanda just breathes while Natasha grabs her phone and dials 911.
Slowly the eyes of the girl open. She blinks a little bit. Wanda sees this and kneels down next to the girl. "Hey, your alright, the ambulance will be on their way just lay down.
"No hospitals, I'm alright really" she says soft trying to get up. Wanda places her hands against the girls shoulders so she doesn't get up. "You might have broken something, just stay still"
"I'm fine, really. But no hospitals" she removes Wanda's hands to sit up. Wanda looks at the woman for signs of pain. She rubs her hand over her head from the blow she took when she hit the ground.
"Their on there way" Natasha says after hanging up.
"You guys don't have to worry" Wanda looks at Natasha. Both don't know why it's a big deal that she doesn't want to go to the hospital.
"Well at least let us take you home, or something" Wanda try's.
"That's fine, but who's gonna drive" the girl smiles. Trying to make a joke.
"That's funny, I think Nat will drive" Wanda looks with a small smile to Nat.
"Sure" Natasha stands up. Wanda helps the girl up and sees that the girl lips a little bit.
"Are you sure you're okey?" Wanda puts an arm around the girl for some support.
"Thanks, I'm fine, just putting some ice on it when I'm home, it will heal in no time" Wanda helps the girl in the car and takes a seat in the front.
"Where do you live?" Nat asks looking trough the mirror at the girl.
"A few miles away, close to the woods. Take a right here and then just straight and then the sand path. There's my house" Natasha just nods and does what she's told. It stays quiet in the car. Every few minutes Wanda checks the girl trough the mirror. The girl has her eyes closed with her hand on her head.
"Are you alright?" Wanda asks after a while.
"Just a headache nothing serious, take a right here" she says looking outside.
Nat enters the sand path that goes into the woods. "You like the woods?" Wanda asks.
"Yeah it's like a second home, very quiet, where do you guys live?"
"We live in the city, we where just here to teach Wanda how to drive, because it's quiet in the morning, that's what I thought" Nat smiles.
"Yeah well, your right, was this your first lesson?"
"Yeah it was, I'm still so sorry for hitting you with the car" Wanda says.
Natasha sees the cabin and stops close to it, so they don't have to walk a lot to get inside. It's completely out of wood. there is a motorcycle standing next to the cabin under a wooden roof. There is a rocking chair on the porch. And little clouds are coming from the chimney. "You just stay in the car, ill help you get out." Wanda says as she opens the car door and gets out to open the door for the girl. She puts an arm around her and they slowly walk towards the front door. The girl grabs the keys and gives them to Natasha who opens the door.
The first thing they notice is the warm feeling they get when entering the house. It's very clean, with a few books laying around the room. There are sticky notes on different pages in one book. On the wall next to the kitchen is a calendar with a few red crosses from dates that are from next week. "Nice place you have" Natasha says and puts the keys on the stand next to the door. She picks up a book 'the Werewolf Book: the Encyclopedia of shapeshifting Beings'.
Wanda helps the girl to the couch next to the fireplace. "Do you have some ice?" She says.
"Hum yeah, I think. The freezer is above the fridge." She says as she's trying to get comfy on her couch. Wanda nods and walks towards the kitchen. "Nice book, you have. You read a lot?" Nat asks as she sits on a chair next to the couch.
"I do, I love reading helps me relax" the girl looks towards the kitchen as she hears some cabinets closing. "Can you find it?" She yells.
"Yeah, just looking for medicines" Wanda yells back. There where some mugs and plates. A drawer with cutlery. But not a lot of food. Just some chocolate bars and energy bars in the drawer above the cabinet with cleaning supplies.
"Medicines are in the bathroom cabinet above the sink" Wanda walks back with a glass of water and a pack of ice cubes. "Where does it hurt exactly?" Wanda asks as she kneels down in front of the couch.
"It's my knee, thanks for your help, really" the girl smiles. Wanda smiles back and grabs a small pillow from the other chair and puts it under the girls knee and carefully places the bag of ice on top. The girl groans a little and closes her eyes. Her hand clenches as she try's to steady her breathing. "You alright?" Natasha asks.
"I'm fine, I just felt the pain for a second" she laughs soft. Wanda stands up.
"I'll grab the painkillers" and walks away towards the bathroom. It's very small but looks very modern. There is a small window with white curtains. There are some green plants and a few cabinets with a round mirror. There is a rain shower and a small bathtub. White towels in a basket. Wanda opens one of the cabinets and sees a few bottles with pills. It feels like she's violating her privacy. She grabs the bottle, closes the little door and walks back. She hears Natasha talking and smiles when she enters the room. "You have a lovely bathroom, here" she gives the bottle. The girl opens the bottle and grabs two pills. Taking a sip of water and slicks them in one time. "Thanks again"
"Are you gonna be okey here by yourself?" Natasha asks.
"I think so, maybe. I'll be fine if you wanna leave you can go" Natasha looks at Wanda, who gives a sympathetic look.
"Hum, if you don't mind I like to stay with you, just for tonight if you want" Wanda says as she looks at the girl. "Nat, you can pick me up tomorrow, I'll be fine here" she says.
"Wait really, you don't have to, the pain isn't that bad" the girl says looking at both woman.
"That's the painkillers, you have a high dose of them"
"You've got a point but still"
"You can't argue with me, I'm staying" Wanda smiles and takes a seat in the chair. Natasha nods and stands up.
"Call me if you need anything Wanda. I'll see you around, what was your name again?"
"I never told you" she grins.
"Well what is it?" Natasha puts her hand on her side.
"It's y/n" she smiles.
"We'll get better y/n, see you tomorrow Wanda. I'll tell the group where you are if we need you" she walks away and with a few minutes she drives away.
"What group, like some sort of pack?" Y/n says after some time to interrupt the silence in the room.
"Well, not exactly. We are more like a team. The Avengers."
Y/n laughs "I have never heard of the Avengers. If you haven't noticed I don't watch tv, more a reader"
"You're the first one, who doesn't know us. We help the world from things the police or maybe FBI, CIA can't handle."
"That's very cool, how do you get in that team?"
Wanda smiles "well you don't get in the team, the team was made by shield. Shield is like a company much like the CIA but like I said for things the CIA or FBI can't handle. There special people. Some with powers or technics. It's hard to explain"
"No I get it, do you like have some special powers or something?" y/n smiles.
"Uhm yeah I have" Wanda smiles but is also a little scared for the reaction she could get from y/n if she would show her what it is.
"Well what is it?" Y/n smiles and clearly excited. But she feels that Wanda is scared. "Hey don't freak out okey, I won't get scared that easily. Trust me" she gives a trusting smile which puts Wanda at ease.
"Alright" she smiles and puts up her hand. Her fingers are moving in a way. A red wisp moves between her fingers. She looks at y/n to see her reaction. Their eyes are big and there is a small smile on her face while she looks at Wanda's hand.
"How? Are you like cursed or gifted, I have a lot of questions" her smile grows wider and she has a lot of energy.
"Not cursed, I don't know I got them from something I can lift things and read people's mind and other things that I can't explain" and stops showing her power.
"That's really cool, can you like read my mind now or?" Y/n says a little uncomfortable.
"Well no, I have to use my powers. You would now, my eyes will glow red, why you got something to hide?" Wanda grins.
"You wouldn't survive trust me, and you need my permission first" Wanda only nods thinking the mystery from the girl is very interesting, making her want to be with y/n and breaking down walls. Slow and steady. It will take time but she wants to be friends with her. A normal person that doesn't know about her life.
They have talked a lot about everything, mostly about books and Wanda has talked about sitcoms y/n really needs to see before she dies and made an agreement that she would watch them together.
"So, your gonna stay the night, and you don't want me to leave the couch, so I suggest you take my bed. It's the door on the right. There is a wooden door in that room that's the closet. You can grab a shirt or hoodie. On top of the shelve there is a big white blanket. If you can bring that to me than I will sleep on the couch" y/n says when she sees Wanda yawn.
"But that's not fair, I ran you over with the car and you have to sleep on the couch"
"I'll be fine, I sleep a lot on this couch when I fall asleep reading a book" y/n smiles at Wanda but can see that Wanda wants to argue.
"Your really sure about this?"
"Yes, I'm fine, sleep well" Wanda stands up a little awkward not knowing what to say or do and walks away to the bedroom. It's a cute and simple room. With a two double bed with big white sheets. On the left side of the bed is a nightstand with a small light and a old book ,she probably reads before sleeping. There is a wooden chair in the corner of the room and a window. There are some green plants that are taking care of. Wanda looks further and sees the door from the closet. There are a lot of hoodies and blouses. A cabinet and on top of the shelve there where a few blankets. She grabbed the blanket and walked back to y/n who has closed her eyes.
"Did you find it?" She says.
"How did you knew I was coming back?" Wanda asks as she gives her the blanket.
"You where grabbing the blanket, so I knew you would come back" she simply says.
"Do you need anything else, some water more painkillers?"
"I'm good, it's late, you should go to bed"
"Alright, sleep well"
"Sleep well" Wanda walks back to the room and closes the door. She grabs a big black shirt with the band of AC/DC on the front and a jogging pants and gets into bed. She stares at the ceiling. She was tired but once she lays in bed she couldn't fall asleep. She sighs and puts on the little light on the table and grabs the book. 'They both die at the end' and starts reading. Leaving the note for where y/n has it. After a while she finally falls asleep.