Chapter 2

Wanda wakes up to the smell of pancakes. Rubbing her eyes she gets out of bed. She looks around, not knowing where she is until she remembers what happened yesterday. She walks out of the room in to the kitchen. "What are you doing?"
"What do you think I'm doing, I'm making something to eat" Wanda looks at the two plates of pancakes with some whipped cream and strawberries.
"You do like pancakes right?" Wanda is still not very awake and looks up. "You like pancakes?" Y/n asks again.
"Oh yeah sorry, I do." Wanda rubs the bag of her neck. Y/n grabs the two plates and walks without a limp towards the dining table and puts them down. "Hey, your knee is better, that's fast" Wanda sits down at the table.
Y/n looks down at her knee, moving it up and down and takes a bite of the pancakes. "It wasn't that bad, told you I didn't had to go to the hospital. How did you sleep?" Y/n changes the subject and takes another bite.
"It was weird at first, I couldn't sleep. I kinda felt bad for letting you sleep on the couch. So I grabbed the book you had on your nightstand and started reading it"
"They both die at the end, what did you think?"
"It was beautiful but sad, because you know what would happen but I fell asleep so I didn't get to the end" Wanda laugh soft and takes a bite from the pancakes, they are amazing she thought.
"You can take it, bring it back later I don't mind" Wanda looks up and smiles, looking up at y/n who takes the last bite.
"Really, thanks" Wanda smiles back. Y/n looks up and smiles back. "No problem. When did your friend came to get you?"
"Oh, I don't know"
"Well, if you want I can take you home, so your friend doesn't have to come and get you"
"That's very nice of you, but you have to take it slow with your knee" Wanda looks back at y/n leg and then up again.
"I'm fine, can I take you home, yes or no?" She leans back looking straight at Wanda.
"Alright, I'll text Natasha. But first I'm gonna eat these pancakes they are amazing" y/n stands up and smiles.
"Well thanks you, I'm gonna take a quick shower and change clothes" y/n walks away. Wanda looks at here. There was no limping or anything.
After a while she comes back with a black hoodie and pants. She has a green and black lumberjack blouse and black sneakers. There was a small curl in her brown hair and she had a black beanie. In her hand she had the book Wanda was reading.
"Are you ready?" Y/n asks Wanda.
"Yeah let me change real quick" Wanda goes to the bedroom and quickly changes.
"Did you get an answer from your friend?" Y/n yells from the living room grabbing her keys.
"Yeah, she's cool with it" Wanda walks out of the room. Her hair in a ponytail and smiles. Y/n nods and opens the door, keeping it open until Wanda walks out and closes it and locking it. "Where is the car?" Wanda asks. Y/n laughs "who says we are taking a car?" She walks towards the motorcycle and takes a seat, putting the keys in and starting the engine. Wanda just stands there. She has never been on a motorcycle before. "You okey Wanda?"
"Yeah, I just never been on a motorcycle before"
"Well it's very save, I got a helmet for you. You just need to hold me tight, I promise I won't do anything stupid" she smiles soft and hold out the helmet. Wanda walks over to her and puts on the helmet. Slowly sitting behind y/n and putting her hand around y/n middle. She slowly drives away.
Feeling Wanda holding her tight she looks around her and grins, before she starts driving a little harder till the speed limit. "Where do you live?" She yells over the wind.
"The Avengers compound, its in New York City" she yells back. Y/n nods and keeps on driving. After half an hour they drive through some time before seeing the compound getting closer with Wanda telling her where to go. Wanda looks around and sees the compound coming close. She slows down the speed and stops in front of the building. Wanda steps of the motorcycle and looks at y/n while taking of the helmet. "Thanks for that and the pancakes"
Y/n smiles "yeah it was no problem, I got you this" she grabs the book and gives it to Wanda. "You can just give it back when you're done"
"That maybe faster than you think" she winks and y/n laughs.
"See you around Wanda" and with that she drives away.
Wanda walks into the main room with the book in her hands putting it on on the kitchen table.
"So, she's better" Natasha says while drinking from the coffee.
"Yeah, very strange. She's wasn't limping and made these amazing pancakes"
"Who made pancakes?" Tony says as he enters the room while looking at his phone.
"The girl Wanda hit yesterday and stayed over" Natasha explains. Tony looks up at Wanda putting away his phone.
"You hit someone, wait, I remember, Natasha told me. Where is she now?" Wanda looks at Nat and then back again at Tony.
"Hum I don't know. I think she's going home now" Tony walks over to the table and grabs the book.
"She gave you this?" Tony shows Wanda the book.
"Gave what to who?" Steve asks as he walks in the room.
"Oh my god. It's nothing can we drop it" Wanda says getting irritated by the group. Natasha just stands in the kitchen looking at the situation.
"Wanda?" Steve says taking the book from Tony.
"Y/n, the girl I hit yesterday gave me the book because I was reading it before falling asleep" Steve just nods and gives the book back to Wanda.
"So it was nothing?" Steve says.
"What's nothing?" Bruce asks entering the room to grab a water bottle.
"Are you serious right now" Wanda says frustrating. Steve grins and looks at Nat for an answer he could see on her face. Natasha grins and winks.
"Y/n gave me a book I was reading, that's all. Nothing happened and nothing will happen" and with that she walks towards her room.
"What was that about?" Bruce says when the door closes.
"Are you gonna talk to her or should I?" Steve says. Natasha looks at him and gives a nod and Steve walks towards Wanda's room.
He knocks slowly on her door waiting for a sign to get in.
"Come in" Wanda says. Steve opens the door and walks towards Wanda who sits on her bed with her book in her lap.
"Are your u alright?" Steve asks.
"Yeah, it was just a lot. I don't know why I freaked out"
"Don't worry, we are a family. We don't want something to happen to you, even when you have powers, you have been trough a lot"
"I know, but I'm fine And beside where, I think just friends"
"You don't know if it's more, have you opened the book?" Wanda looks at him with a questionable look. She grabs the book and opens it. There falls a small blue sticky note out of the book. She picks it up:
'Thanks for taking care of me, text me
0630472862'
Wanda looks at Steve. "You knew about the note?"
"When I looked at the book, yes." He smiles at her.
"What do you think I need to do?"
"That is all up to you, I don't know about this stuff. I was to late telling the girl that I liked her. Not that you like her, just don't wait to long, do what you want to do, but if your gonna see her more, we need to know her" he bumps her shoulder which makes Wanda laugh soft.
"Thanks for the talk, Steve"
"That's where family is for" Wanda nods. Steve stands up and walks out of the room and closes the door. Wanda looks at the note then back at the book before sitting in a comfy way and starts reading where she left it.

"What's the problem?" Wanda says as she walks into the meeting room.
"Thanks for coming, we got a mission. It's HYDRA, but we think we need you there" Steve says as he hands over the report.
"Why do you think?" Wanda says while looking into the papers.
"Because you are powerful, you are an Avenger" Natasha says.
"That's right, that's what I wanted to hear" Wanda smiles and walks away. Everyone looks at each other. Natasha has a grin on her face. She always knew Wanda was the most powerful of the team.
"Well, Thor is stronger, I'm sure" Tony starts. Natasha and Clint laugh.
"You're kidding right, he can't control his power and needs a hammer" Natasha says.
"Guys their our teammates we can't say who is better and beside. It's how you look at it. With strength it would be Thor but with power it's Wanda" Steve says and walks away.

It's time for the mission. The forest is dark and without the light of the car there's only the full moon that creeks through the trees. "Alright we stop the car here. We don't want them to know we are here, going for the surprise" Steve says to everyone in the car. They stop the car and get out, walking towards the bunker. Steve puts up a hand and point at the two soldiers standing outside of the big iron door. "Nat?" Steve whispers. Natasha walks around the trees carefully not getting noticed by the soldiers. Two blue small shots are fired and the soldiers fall to the ground. Steve, Wanda and Clint walk over to the base.  "Great job, Stark?"
"I got at the other location, you guys got it handled there right?" Tony says over comms.
"We are fine, keep you posted" Steve lifts his shield and slams it at the lock. An alarm goes off and red lights are going on. They can hear the footsteps from every soldier coming there way, there is some yelling and next thing they know there guns firing. Wanda swings with her hand and red wisps are flying through the bunker the first line of soldiers float to the ceiling and getting pushed back into other soldiers. Steve and Nat run fast through the hall while Clint and Wanda keep watch for any ambush.
"Captain I need some help" Tony says over the comms. There is a lot of noice in the background. Steve and Nat look a round. Wanda just nods and walks back out of the bunker. Red wisps are around her hands and she flys above the trees, towards the place Tony is. "Tony I'm on my way" Wanda says when she slowly lands on the ground. She hears the blast from tony and runs towards him. There are guns firing and a big tank coming towards Tony. Wanda uses her power and throws the tank into the sky. Tony uses some small rockets for the few soldiers that are still firing at him. "Thanks, Maximoff" he looks at her and flys off. Wanda looks around, a feeling someone is watching her. Because of the dark and the little light the moon shows she can't see. She didn't noticed a person walking over her. A hit was given to the back of her head. Her eye sight was getting blurry when the person tried to take her. She wants to use her powers but she can't think straight nothing would work. She wants to speak but there comes no sound. Very soft she could hear the sound of something growl. The soldier screams and then it's quiet. All she could hear was a small brawl before closing her eyes feeling herself lift from the ground.
"Has anyone eyes on Wanda?" Steve asks.
"Thought she was back with you" Tony says looking over the area.
"She was helping you!" Steve yells.
"Guys, fighting won't help, we got the info and destroyed the HYDRA base, we need to go, we have more material back at the facility" Natasha says to Steve and Tony over the comms.
"Nats right, get to the car we go to the plane, we will find her" Clint says as last. Nobody's happy but they do as the said and went to the car. They looked around while going back to the plane but there was no sign.
"Check everything, camera or satellite anything Jarvis" Tony says walking around in the room. Natasha helps Clint and Bruce looking at the computer while Steve just stands in the door opening. He just thinks of what could happen, he has talked into the comms, but no answer.
"Isn't there something where we can hack the communication system?" Steve asks after a while.
"No Steve we can't" Tony says a little irritated.
"Guys, no worry. She is Wanda maximoff before the mission we said she was one of the most powerful person. She comes around" Nat says looking at both the guys.
The door opens and Wanda stumbles in and leans against the wall. Her eyes slowly closing "I'm back" she says before collapsing. Steve was just in time before she hit the ground. He walks over to the couch and lies her carefully on there.
"How did she get here?" Tony asks. Bruce grabs a small light and shines it in her eyes. "Her pupil are a little big but responsible. Probably a hit against her head but she will be fine after some rest"
"That's not the answer for the question" Tony says annoyed.
"We will find out tomorrow, for now it's good that she's back, let her rest"