Ch.8-Infinity War-

*Author's Note*-Hello, it's been a while since my last update and yes, I'm aware that it's a Tuesday. This chapter took so long to write, mainly because of the amount of fighting. This is probably one of the longest chapters I've ever published but I wanted to fit it all into one chapter. This is a turning point for the book (I know it's only chapter 8 lol) I hope you enjoy!<3RJ

*****

-Sigrun-

Sirens blared throughout the laboratory and Wanda walks up to the window next to Loki and me. I turn to Loki with fear in my eyes. I don't want this to be the last time I see him. There's another crash outside the barrier and I snap back to my senses. With a sharp intake of breath, I force my gaze away from Loki's and start towards the stairs.

"We have to go," I state as I walk. My hand is grabbed and I'm spun around to come face to face with Loki. Both of his hands go to my face as we stare into each other's eyes, trying to come up with something, anything to say. The frightened look in Loki's eyes is enough to unsettle me, but I force away my tears. We both slowly lean our foreheads together and breathe in each other's presence. He smells...cool, like forest trees and a slight mist as it covers a flower. His smell has always comforted me, and right now comfort is exactly what I need. We both lean in for a gentle yet urgent kiss, one that I can only wish won't be our last.

"Don't die," Loki whispers as I pull away. I manage a small smile as I hold his face in my hands, looking deeply into his dark emerald green eyes; the eyes that belong to the man that holds my heart.

"You too," I say back before planting one last brief kiss to his lips and rushing up the stairs and onto the roof.

I fix my hair into a braid and stretch my wings out as I look at the battlefield. The Waukandian army is standing guard waiting for Cap's signal. I wipe my tears away before putting my earpiece in to listen to Cap's orders.

"What's the plan Cap?" I ask.

"We need to keep them in front. If they surround us we have no chance," Cap answers through the coms system.

"Okay, so where do you want me?" I ask, flying down to stand next to him on the front lines.

"I want you in the skies with Sam. Look out for Thanos. We're opening up the north shield and letting them in. Divebomb as many as you can."

"Got it," I answer.

And that's what I do. The shield opens and the monsters come through. I divebomb a few on my way to the border, slicing them in half with my sword. I look up to the skies to see more ships coming down.

"Shit," I murmur to myself. I reach for my belt and grab one of my bombs. I fly up and throw one at the closest ship, it explodes and the debris flies everywhere, but I fly higher to get to the next ship. I can't waste all my bombs at the beginning so I fly around the ship, using my dragon fang blade to slice the important mechanical pieces off of the ship. The ship starts to drop to the ground in a ball of flame, but it's going to fall on a group of Dora Milaje.

"Shit! Look out!" I scream to the ground as I dive to try and reach the people first. In a flash of blue and red, the women are gone and the ship is being held up. I halt and hover in the air to get a good look at who's below me. Standing on the ground with her arms raised is Wanda as she uses her magic to hold the ship up before flinging it at the enemies as it explodes.

"Thanks," I voice my appreciation to Wanda before I look around me at the chaos and destruction. She nods at me in acknowledgment before making her way to another fight.

Everyone seems to be holding their own as I observe from the skies, dodging attacks and occasionally taking out more aliens on the ground. That is until I see Nat get pushed into a small crater in the ground by one of Thanos' children. The tall lanky alien jumps down after Nat and advances. They seem to be evenly matched until the alien manages to get Nat on the ground with her spear pointed right at her chest. I dive towards the alien with my blade out front and stab her right in the front of her chest, through the heart. She stumbles back and falls to the ground, pulling me with her. We land with a thud and some of her blue blood splatters onto me. I make a disgusted noise as I yank my blade from her heart and wipe it off on my pants. I turn back to Natasha, she's stud up now and nods at me thankfully.