Ch.14-Niflheim-

*Author's Note*- Hello everyone! You get to see some of Sigrun's powers in this chapter! Sad but also empowering. It's been a long time since my last update, I know. I've been busy. I've got a great artist to create some digital art for the first book of the series, 'Imprisoned'. So please check that out! The artists @ will be in the book description! This book only has a few chapters left! Please enjoy this chapter. <3RJ

*****

-Sigrun-

"No!" I bellow from deep in my chest as I scramble to crawl to his side and press my hands firmly to his wound in a feeble attempt to stop the bleeding and save his already fading life. "Loki, Loki no. Don't do this. Please don't do this to me!" I yell as tears stream down my face. I hear Thor roar a battle cry and look up to see Thanos' head get separated from his body, compliments of Stormbreaker.

My eyes dart back down to Loki. "We have so much more to do...please..." His breathing becomes more shallow as his eyes go in and out of focus. "You have to make it home and see Sigyn and Narfi, and Vali. Valerie misses you. We miss you. They need you... I need you. Dammit, Loki!" I yell. Loki weakly raises his bloody hand to cradle my face and I let out another sob, tears dripping onto his chest.

"Tell them I love them," Loki whispers, then coughs sputtering out blood onto the ground. I shake my head vigorously.

"No, no Loki. You tell them yourself. You're going to be okay. You've survived death before," I rush out the words. Loki shakes his head solemnly.

"Not this time my love." A sob wracks through my body. I can feel my heart breaking into little jagged shards and tearing me apart as he slips through my fingers, growing paler by the second. Mantis hands me a long cloth and I hurriedly wrap it around Loki's wound, but the blood seeps through and there's just too much. Suddenly Loki starts to choke on his own blood and I panic, holding his face gently in my hands.

"Loki, please don't leave me. I love you. I've never stopped loving you. I never will," I sob, "I'll love you till the end of the realms Lohks..."

Loki manages to get one last shaky breath in. "I...l-love you more," he rasps. I shake my head again with a broken smile plastered across my face.

"Not possible," I whisper. But his eyes had gone vacant and cold. Lifeless. More blood dripped from the corner of his mouth, but he was no longer choking on it. He was gone. "Nooooo!" I scream. He's gone. 

A large, rough hand is placed on my shoulder but I shake it off. "No!" I yell again, unsheathing my dragonfang blade. "He's not gone yet," I say - more to myself - I carefully lay my blade on Loki's chest.

"Sigrun, no," Valkyrie warns behind me. I ignore her and bow my head to the ground. "It's too risky!" Again I ignore her and begin to chant the incantation. "If you go there, you may never come back," is Val's final warning.

I take in one last deep breath before responding, "I know."

Before anyone can protest again I finish off the incantation and am brutally pulled into the cold and dark abyss of death.

I land on sandy ground. Looking up I recognize the pale grey sky and the souls stuck between the land of the living and dead flying above my head. I don't have much time.

Releasing my wings I take to the air and soar just below the lost souls, scouring the ground for Loki. He only left the living realm seconds ago, but he could be anywhere. The necklace around my neck glows and I feel that mysterious pull again.

Loki.

I follow that feeling all the way until I reach the gate to Hela's castle.

I break through the gates without regard for the sacred grounds. I am met with a scowling Hela pitched atop her throne of bones. At the foot of the dais stands Loki. My breath hitches at the sight of him. Not a scratch.