Ch.10-A Friend's Friend-

*Author's Note*-Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted an update. Above is Sigrun's new suit that is described in this chapter (this does not mean this is her body type, her body type can be however you interpret it based on my descriptions). This chapter took a long time because it's setting up everything to come and I wanted it to be perfect. Please enjoy this chapter! <3RJ

*****

-Sigrun-

I stand in the middle of the lab wearing a tight black bodysuit with gold patterns. The bodice is a halter-top, connected to an almost sheer but durable fabric over my shoulders and upper arms that meet with the long black and gold gloves also just as durable. The bottom part of the bodice leads into shorts and a slab of fabric that flows down unattached to the rest of the ensemble, front and back. The finishing touch being the black boots made of the same material as the rest of the suit, and they reach mid-thigh, also with matching gold embellishments.

"This is so much better than the Asgardian steel chest plate on my other suit," I comment as my hands graze down the vibranium infused fabric on my new, finished Valkyrie suit.

"Of course it is, I made it," Suri quips from behind a screen full of my vitals that are being sent to the device from my suit. I roll my eyes.

"We made it. Together," I correct. "I may not be as smart as you Suri but I've learned quite a few things in my time here you know."

"And you learned all of these things from me," she adds.

"That's beside the point."

"Why don't you go try it out? Make sure it's mobile enough and such," Suri suggests.

"Alright, you are 100 percent sure that it won't stain it?" I ask worriedly.

"You sound like such a mom right now," Suri chides. "I'm sure, go. I need some quiet to do my work, you worry too much."

I leave Suri to her technology and make my way outside to the outdoor training ring. It sits atop the hill the compound is built into, looking out at the beautiful trees that surround Wakanda, it also offers the perfect view of the setting sun as it falls right between the two mountains in the distance. I take my blade out of the sheath on my back and proceed to slash, stab and strike in a series of practiced motions until I'm sure of the mobility the suit provides.

I pause and strengthen my grip on my blade as I prepare for the final test; my wings. We built the suit so it will morph around my wings, allowing easy access to flying and no damage to the suit. My wings extend out of my back and stretch gracefully behind me and I can feel the microfabric of the suit seal around the base of my wings. I flex my wings a few times before taking to the skies.

By the time I land back down in the ring the alien I've learned is Nebula is standing at the edge, watching me silently.

"Can I help you?" I ask in a way of greeting as my wings fold behind my back. Nebula looks me up and down as if weighing an opponent before the battle. She doesn't respond for a few long moments as she holds her hard stare. I look around me, confused. "Do you want to train or something?" I ask.

"No," she says. "I do not want to fight anymore." I nod in understanding.

"We what can I do for you Nebula?" I ask patiently.

"What am I supposed to do?" Nebula asks. My brows furrow in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Am I supposed to be training?"

"No you don't need to train, it's up to you," I answer. She acts as if she's never heard those words before as she contemplates her next words.

"What else is there to do?" she asks. I feel a tang of sadness for her, I've heard she is one of Thanos' "children" but judging by the state of her I'm willing to guess she was not the favorite child.