Ch.18 -The Return-

*Author's note*: Sorry everyone, it's been a loooong time since an update. Life has been crazy so this had to go on the back burner. I'm trying to get back to my hobbies now that my life is finally calming down. Anyways, please enjoy this chapter, there is going to be one more after this one, then the epilogue.

*****

-Sigrun-

I look at myself in the mirror while I wait for Loki to finish getting ready. Sigyn and the kids are arriving in the next 30 minutes, and while he can just use magic to get ready, he prefers the real experience; he says it makes him feel more prepared to go through the motions. I take my large hair clip and clip the front of my hair behind my head, out of my face, but still letting my long, curly, brown hair flow behind me. It's been a long time since I've worn my hair down in any way; my hair is so thick it can be bothersome during battle or training, so it's always out of the way. But today I can finally relax, hence the sweatpants and T-shirt I'm wearing.

I'm playing with my hair in the mirror when Loki comes out, dressed rather casually compared to his usual attire in a pair of black dress pants and a simple black button-up. The top few buttons are undone and he's wearing a contented smile on his face, one I haven't seen in a while. Loki walks up behind me, wrapping his arms securely around my waist, and gently kissing my temple before resting his chin on the top of my head. I lean back into him as he holds me and close my eyes.

"You know Lohk, we should get you some sweatpants, ooh! Or jeans!" I say excitedly. Loki rolls his eyes but I keep going, "I know it's 'not your style' but I think you'd be surprised by how comfortable they are–well maybe not the jeans as much."

"Hmm," he hums, "I'm sure they would be, but I much prefer you in them," he squeezes my thick thighs with his large hands and I chuckle lightly. "Or rather out of them," Loki finishes his thought and I turn to look at him with feigned indignation.

"Oh really?" I tease. His hands migrate down to my ass now that we're chest-to-chest, and my arms wrap around his neck.

"Absolutely Darling," Loki purrs back, and I practically melt in his arms. That name.

"Well, the feeling is mutual," I quip, giving him a quick peck on the lips. But he wants more, as soon as I start to pull away, he pulls me back in, deepening the kiss with a growl. I reluctantly pull away, because I know if we keep going, we won't be able to stop, and while that would be great, we don't have time. "Later," I mumble breathlessly against his lips, as I look into his deep green eyes. "Right now let's go see our children." His gaze seems to darken with lust all over again and I look at him confused. "What?" I ask. Loki pulls me impossibly closer and says,

"I like it when you say 'our children'." I blush and bite my lip as I look up at him. I smile creeps onto my face.

"Me too."

-Loki-

I hold Sigrun tightly to my side as we watch the jet land in front of us. She's biting her lip and I can tell she is nervous, so I lay a gentle kiss to her temple. She gives me a small grateful smile, which I return, and then we both redirect our attention to the lowering hangar door of the jet. Our children come spilling out with Sygin close behind.

"Mommy!" Valerie cheers as she runs into her mother's arms.

"Daddy!" I hear Vali squeal as he and Narfi toddle their way over to me. I crouch and hug them both close.

"I missed you," I hear Narfi murmur timidly in my ear. I hug them both closer then pull back and inspect them, when I see nothing is wrong I sigh in relief and look up at Sygin.

"We all missed you," Sygin says with a gentle smile, to which I return. I stand up with Narfi in one arm and Vali in the other, and glance over at Sygrun to see her holding Valerie's hand as she approaches Sigyn.

"Thank you, for everything. I will forever be in your debt." Sigrun says, bowing her head slightly to show her respect. Sigyn smiles at her and lifts her chin to look Sigrun in the eyes.

"You brought Loki back to us, I am in your debt," Sigyn says. Sigrun's smile drops slightly but she manages to hold onto a respectful smile before she turns to Clint. Sigyn didn't mean what she said in the way Sigrun thought she did, but we can address that later.

"Clint, thank you so much," Sigrun says and she hugs him, dropping Valrie's hand. I pass my boys off to Sigyn and approach Clint, offering him my hand as well. 

"I am grateful for everything you've done for my family," I say and hesitantly Clint takes my hand and gives me a brief shake. I leave it at that. Valarie turns to me and hugs my legs. I crouch down and give her a gentle hug in return. She's a sweet girl, her mother raised her well.

Later that night we're all having a celebratory feast in the Waukandan palace, all types of food native to Wakanda are splayed across the banquet table as everyone mingles and grazes on the food. The kids went to bed an hour ago, and Stark has decided it's time to turn up the party. Sigrun is busy talking with Valerie, I assume about her and Carol, it is very obvious that they have a connection of some kind, and I know Sigrun has been dying to hear about it. I take her distraction to meet with Sigyn and Thor in another room. Thor has a goofy smirk on my face and I roll my eyes.

"You Oaf, will you contain yourself? Or when we go back to the party SIgrun will know something is up." I scold him. He merely pats me on the back hard enough to knock me forward a bit.

"I am simply happy for you brother. You finally are getting your happiness."

"Yes, I suppose I am," I admit. Gods, how strange this feeling is; as if I am finally getting my way. There is no outside force keeping me from my happiness and it feels liberating.

"Alright, let's do this, it high time we made this official," Sigyn says with a proud smile. Thor stands between me and Sigyn to act as our witness and bless our parting since he is now the king of Asgard. He places Stormbreaker between us and we both place our hands on it.

"Repeat after me," Thor starts, "In the name of the Alfather, I: Sigyn, hereby pardon you from our union."

"In the name of the Alfather, I: Sigyn, hereby pardon you from our union," Sigyn repeats. Anticipation rises in my blood. Thor turns to me.

"In the name of the Alfather, I: Loki, hereby pardon you from our union," Thor instructs. I take a deep breath.

"In the name of the Alfather, I: Loki, hereby pardon you from our union." And with that Stormbreaker releases a shot of lightning, effectively breaking the marital bond between Sigyn and I.

"It is done," Thor announces. "Congratulations Brother!" He cheers and grabs me in his arms, lifting me off the floor.

"Put me down, you Oaf!" I yell, pushing him away from me. Thor laughs and sets me down.

"Relax brother! I am simply happy for you!" I roll my eyes.

"And I appreciate that, but do you have to be so damn annoying about it?" Thor just laughs again and exits the room to head back to the party and drink Stark under the table. Again. I turn to Sigyn.

"Wherever you choose to be Loki, we will stay with you. You will never have to worry about being far from our boys. I hope you know that," she says.

"Thank you, Sigyn," I respond. She nods her head and returns to the party as well.

I'm free. I'm finally free to be with Sigrun and we can build a life together. I reach into my pocket and pull out the gold ring with a large moss agate stone in the center, surrounded by small diamonds that act as leaves, creating a beautiful whimsical design. I rub my thumb over the center gem and hope to the gods that she will like it. It's not a traditional ring midgardian engagement ring, but we are not a traditional couple. A loud cheer from the party in the other room startles me out of my thoughts and I hastily put the ring back into my pocket before joining the party again.

*****

*Author's Note*: Almost done! So exciting! I hope you guys liked this chapter! IDK when the next one will be out but I'll try for some time in the next couple weeks. <3RJ