Chapter Two.

"(Y/n), my favourite girl," James Potter dragged out when (Y/n) exited the Lovegood house and entered his (Lily Potter's) car. "Not to be mixed up with my favourite wife, of course."

"Lily's not your only wife?" (Y/n) teased. James panicked. "Are you even allowed to drive?" (Y/n) rose an eyebrow.

"Nope," James answered. "But no one will see." (Y/n) shook her head. Lily had talked about giving (Y/n) driving lessons over the summer and she most definitely didn't expect James to be the one picking her up. "Ready for a long drive?"

"Absolutely," (Y/n) said. "Sometimes I think I was a dog in my past life. Car rides excite me." James grinned.

"Or maybe because your dad's somewhat of a dog," he teased. (Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed.

"My dad's—" she cut herself off. "That was one time!" she whined.

"One time that you're never living down," James mused. "He even calls you his daughter now."

"Does he?" (Y/n) asked, high-key flattered.
During her fourth year, she had accidentally called her Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at the time, Remus Lupin, 'dad.' She just so happened to be in the third-year Gryffindors' class at the time and Harry Potter had not let her live it down.
James squinted at (Y/n), taking his eyes off the clear dirt road as he did so. (Y/n) panicked, now keeping her eyes on the road. They had just passed the Burrow where (Y/n) would be staying in a few weeks and where the Weasley family was currently staying. Outside, Molly Weasley waved her hands at the passing car before returning to watering her garden.

"Something's different about you," he said. "I can't put my— Oh Merlin, (Y/n). You're dead the second we get home. Not by me, but your godmothers are not going to be pleased," he murmured, turning his eyes back on the road. (Y/n) covered her nose.
Over spring break, Nymphadora Tonks had impulsively convinced (Y/n) to get a few piercings. Nothing too major, she thought, other than the fact that her godmothers hadn't a clue what she had done. Her two helix piercings on both ears and nose were all covered with her skin tone coloured gems.

"Give it a year," (Y/n) said. "By sixteen I won't even need their permission to get piercings. What they don't know won't hurt them. I'm assuming Remus hasn't snitched and you wouldn't dare snitch, would you, James?" James shuddered at (Y/n)'s tone. 

"Never," he said.

"They won't see them and I'm not daring to put anything nice in my ears whilst at the Burrow," (Y/n) said. "I've got it all figured out." James shook his head with a grin.

"You know, sometimes I think you could've been a Slytherin."

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm a Mud—"

"(Y/N)!"

"What? I'm allowed to say it!"

"I forbid it!"

"(Y/n)!" was all that was heard before (Y/n)'s vision was entirely blue.

"Hi, Bambi," (Y/n) greeted affectionately. Harry pulled back enough for (Y/n) to see his half-hearted glare. "Did you miss me that much?"

"Duh. I'm the only kid that's always here," Harry scoffed, following (Y/n) like a puppy as she brought her suitcase from the Lovegoods upstairs. After returning to the station, Lily and James were nice enough to take the rest of (Y/n)'s things back to the large house with them. "Don't get me wrong, Neville's great so long as he's actually here but he's not you... and he's not here all that often."

"You flatter me, Harry," (Y/n) mused, setting her suitcase onto her bed. "Anyways, what do you want?"

"Who said I wanted anything?"