Chapter Twenty.

"You would think people would remember to bring umbrellas at this point!" (Y/n) exclaimed to Parvati and Padma Patil, and Lavender Brown. (Y/n) was still in a very bad mood but the three girls were either oblivious or (Y/n) was hiding it well. "I never go anywhere without my umbrella even when it's bright as can be! We live in the UK for heaven's sake! We most definitely don't get very good weather." The four girls lurched as their carriage took off towards the castle. They were grateful now more than ever for the heated carriages.

"Taking Trelawney's 'expect the unexpected' that far, (Y/n)?" Padma teased.

"We don't doubt Trelawney," Lavender, Parvati, and (Y/n) chorused.

"We don't doubt Trelawney," Padma echoed, a smile playing on her lips.

"Hm. Did you hear she might be doing a yoga class this year?" (Y/n) said.

"Is she?" Parvati asked.

"Mhm. She told our class about it and after some reassurances that at least some people would be interested, she took the idea to the Headmaster," (Y/n) said.

"Well, if she does, I'm totally in," Lavender said.

"I bet it'll be relatively popular, too," Padma added.

"Yeah, between people that actually like Trelawney or meditation," Parvati said. 

"Fair point," Padma hummed.
Through the gates, flanked with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive, the carriages trundled, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale. Hogwarts grew nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain. Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps. People who occupied the carriages in front were already hurrying up the stone steps into the castle. (Y/n) was unable to make out any faces, but based off their murmurs, (Y/n) could tell that Harry, Hermione, and Ron had just gotten out of the carriage in front of hers.
Parvati held her umbrella out before stepping down the single step and onto the wet ground. She grimaced as her shoes almost immediately became soaked through. She stood by the carriage, holding her umbrella out for the others as they got out. Padma and (Y/n) raised their umbrellas and Lavender stood in between the twins, specifically sharing Parvati's umbrella. 

The four jumped at Ron's scream. He had just been soaked (more so than he already was) by a large, red water balloon. He staggered into Harry's side, just as a second water bomb dropped— narrowly missing Hermione and bursting at Harry's feet. People all around them shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire. Twenty feet above them, Peeves the Poltergeist, a little man in a bell-covered hat and orange bow tie, his wide, malicious face contorted with concentration, took aim again.

"Good day to have umbrellas!" Padma exclaimed.

"Share with me," a voice muttered. Before (Y/n) knew it, her best friend, Cho Chang, was at her side, sharing the umbrella. (Y/n) shifted so the umbrella covered the both of them better. Cho was soaked through her clothes and was holding Laurie, her orange Norwegian forest cat, beneath her robes and with a subtle flick of (Y/n)'s wand, Cho was not only dried but her clothes were warmed. Cho beamed at (Y/n).

"PEEVES!" yelled an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"
Professor McGonagall, deputy headmistress and Head of Gryffindor House, had come dashing out of the Great Hall; she skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Hermione around the neck to stop herself from falling.
"Ouch— sorry, Miss Granger—"

"That's all right, Professor!" Hermione gasped, massaging her throat.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" barked Professor McGonagall, straightening her pointed hat and glaring upward through her square-rimmed spectacles.