Chapter Forty-Nine.

"Miss Delacour, the champions are congregating in the chamber off the Great Hall after breakfast," Professor McGonagall said.

"Zank you," said Fleur, smiling politely at Professor McGonagall. "Where ees (Y/n)? I would like her to meet my family."

"Dunno. She seemed rather rushed this morning, though," said Cho, watching Professor McGonagall pass the news to the other champions. "I'm sure you'll see her at least before the task," she added assuringly. "Anyways, I've gotta go. I have a Potions O.W.L. in fifteen minutes..." She grabbed the last piece of her toast and hurried out of the Hall, leaving Padma and Fleur.

"Good luck today!" Padma beamed. Fleur beamed back. With that, Padma hurried off to her current subject, leaving Fleur all alone. After finishing her breakfast, she rose and made for the chamber, shortly being joined by Cassius before they entered together. "Ah... Zere she ees," Fleur said to herself, eyeing (Y/n), who was very nervously waiting for Cassius.

"Your parents didn't come so I did," (Y/n) said. Cassius grinned down at her, hugging her tightly. "I also sent an owl to Merula, but I'm not sure if she'll come or not."

"I'm glad to see you," Cassius assured. "But don't you have an O.W.L. right now?"

"The representative made an exception," (Y/n) said. "I took mine at six am." Cassius hissed.

"A bit early, don't you think?"

"I also had to take the families in here," (Y/n) said, nodding her head towards the Potters, who were tightly hugging their son. Molly, Remus, and Bill were also there, beaming at Harry. "I was not at all thrilled when Lily pulled me aside and gave me 'the talk.'" Cassius snickered.

"...through here, Miss Snyde," Professor McGonagall said. "I'm sure he'll be pleased."

"Hey, Snyde," Bill said casually.

"Hey," Merula Snyde all too casually greeted back. She still had the blonde streak and style from when (Y/n) first met her. The difference, (Y/n) thought, was her style seemed to have matured a tad. "Hey to you, two," she added, nodding at the two. "Proud of you, kid."

"Thanks," Cassius said sarcastically, accepting Merula's side-hug nonetheless.

"School champion, hm? I would've come sooner if things weren't so busy," Merula said. "Blair's had a baby recently—"

"What?" Cassius and (Y/n) chorused.

"And you didn't tell me?" (Y/n) gasped.

"...Hm. I suppose telling our 'little sister' she's going to be an aunt would've made sense..." Merula teased. (Y/n) clicked her tongue.

"I can't believe all three of you failed to mention a whole pregnancy in your letters!" (Y/n) exclaimed. Merula grinned guiltily. "I'm... appalled... distraught... betrayed that you could forget to tell me something this big!"

"We'll have you two over this summer to make up for it, okay?" Merula huffed. "Ben and Blair'll be coming for the actual competition. I just couldn't get them to come in any sooner."

"Hm. That's fine by me," Cassius mused, tossing an arm around (Y/n)'s shoulder. Merula's eyes narrowed.

"Is there something you aren't telling me?" she asked.

"Um... we're dating," (Y/n) said.

"What?"

"But Blair's told you, surely?"

"No, she hasn't!"

"Do you not read the paper?"

"Why would I—" Merula cut herself off. "I'll consider it even since I didn't tell you we had a kid!"