Chapter Twenty-Eight.

(Y/n) jumped out of her skin as the doors opened. The Slytherin prefect strolled in with the Durmstrang group behind him. He winked at (Y/n), who smiled back, peering at the Durmstrang students, who gathered around the doorway. They were staring right back at her, making her shift in discomfort.
The Hogwarts students started flooding in shortly after, whispering about Viktor Krum, who (Y/n) had just barely noticed. Viktor Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students had settled themselves at the Slytherin table not long after Hogwarts took their seats.

"(Y/n)!" Cho exclaimed, rushing up to (Y/n) as though they hadn't seen each other in forever.

"We've been apart for two minutes, Cho."

"Felt longer," Cho said, twirling (Y/n) around before pushing her towards their end of the table, where the Beauxbatons students sat. The Ravenclaws were avoiding them like the plague. "They're intimidated," she informed, forcing (Y/n) into a seat right beside a blonde girl. 

"I can see why. Pretty girls, pretty boys..." (Y/n) said. The blonde's lips twitched.
When all the students had entered the Hall and settled down at their House tables, the staff entered, filing up to the top table and taking their seats. Last in line were Professor Dumbledore, Professor Karkaroff (who (Y/n) learned his name through Cho), and Madame Maxime. When their headmistress reappeared, the pupils from Beauxbatons leapt to their feet. A few of the Hogwarts students laughed. The Beauxbatons party appeared quite unembarrassed, however, and did not resume their seats until Madame Maxime had sat down on Dumbledore's left-hand side. Dumbledore remained standing, and a silence fell over the Great Hall.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and— most particularly— guests," said Dumbledore, beaming around at the foreign students. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable.
The blonde beside (Y/n) that was still clutching a muffler around her head gave a derisive laugh.
"The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast," said Dumbledore. "I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home."
He sat down and Karkaroff leaned forward at once and engaged him in conversation.

"'Ello, (Y/n)," greeted the blonde from beside (Y/n), who eyed her curiously.

"Fleur?" she asked, realization dawning on her.

"Yes. I noticed your locket," Fleur beamed, holding out her own locket, one that matched (Y/n)'s.
(Y/n) was through the roof at the opportunity to finally meet her pen pal. Fleur and (Y/n) never sent pictures of themselves due to them both having different issues ((Y/n) was insecure and Fleur didn't want (Y/n)'s opinion on her changing).

"You're just as lovely as your pretty words," (Y/n) said, batting her eyelashes. The girls hugged tightly, not letting go for a while. Cho bitterly watched them, rather aggressively serving herself food before angrily eating. Padma, who sat across from the pair, watched in amusement. Her smile dropped partially upon seeing just what Cho was fuming over.

"Do you theenk they have bouillabaisse?" Fleur asked. 

"Maybe... You might have to ask around. Usually all food is the same at each table, though. But based on the foreign dishes, I guess there's a chance," (Y/n) said. Fleur nodded and stood up. (Y/n)'s eyes followed her. "She's great, Cho. Far better than I imagined... But I've got a very small imagination."

"No you don't," Cho grumbled. "You've got a great imagination. I bet Fleur wouldn't tell you that."

"...are you jealous?" (Y/n) asked, trying not to smile.

"My best friend's being stolen from me!" Cho cried.

"I've got two hands to hold, Cho," (Y/n) mused, holding her hands up and wriggling her fingers. Cho was quick to snatch (Y/n)'s hand and hold it.