Chapter Twenty-Five.

As Monday lunch rolled around, (Y/n) casually strolled into the Great Hall. An overdramatic coughing sound was heard.
"Could've toned it down on the perfume, couldn't you have?" Fred choked out. (Y/n) rose an eyebrow and raised her arm to smell herself. George, at his side, had his eyebrows furrowed.

"He's right," he said.

"What're you on about?" (Y/n) asked impatiently.

"Oh— Sorry—" Cedric apologized as he tried to slip past the girl. He recoiled and brought the back of his hand to his nose.

"Do I smell that bad?"

"Delightful," Angelina corrected as she passed. "But strong... Very stro—" She cut herself off, coming to a sudden realization. "(Y/n), we're soulmates!" she exclaimed, taking the girl's hands.

"Huh? What did you guys do today? Are you—" (Y/n) lowered her voice "—high?"

"What did we do today?" George repeated. "We made Amortentia."
(Y/n)'s eyes danced in amusement and she tried not to smirk.

"Tell me, what does Amortentia show?"

"Love?"

"Soulmates," Angelina swooned.

"Attraction," (Y/n) corrected. "And it is a love potion too, but that's beside the point."

"Well, (Y/n), I could've told you I'm attracted to you ages ago," Fred deadpanned.

"Hm. Just reminding you," (Y/n) said, taking her hands away from Angelina and happily walking away.

"Cheeky little... what was her Animagus again?" Fred asked.

"She's an Animagus?" Cedric and Angelina asked.

"You hear that, Freddie? Only certain people know," said George smugly, elbowing Fred. Fred, who wasn't listening, snapped his fingers.

"A cat—! No, that isn't right either..." Fred muttered, walking away as he tried to remember (Y/n)'s Animagus. In truth, (Y/n) had never given detail on what her Animagus was.

"Professor McGonagall?" (Y/n) asked.

"Yes, dear?" Professor McGonagall said, not looking up from her writing.

"Let's say I was able to cast a Patronus—"

"Can you?"

"No."

"...continue."

"Let's say I was able to cast a Patronus," (Y/n) continued. "And it'd be a fennec fox, right?" Professor McGonagall nodded. "And let's say I eventually fell in love..." Professor McGonagall looked up, trying to mask her amusement. "And my Patronus changed to match the person who I fell in love with. Would my Animagus change as well?"
Professor McGonagall gave a long pause, contemplating the question.

"I don't know... I've never heard of something relating to your question," she said. "Usually, people become Animagus' later on in life and not in their third year of school," she said pointedly. "You'll have to fall in love and let me know, won't you?" (Y/n) grinned.

"Will I get extra credit?"

"Five extra points to your O.W.L.s if there's a written essay by the end of the year," Professor McGonagall mused. She had very high doubts (Y/n) would be able to fall in love that quickly.

"That sounds like a challenge I'm willing to accept."

"And don't try forcing yourself to love someone!" Professor McGonagall added.