Chapter Thirty-Four.

"Congratulations, ladies, you all passed your tests," said Narcissus, a proud smile on her face. "You will be allowed rings of entry during your second year as a Strange Woman," she informed, slipping her Society ring onto the statue. The nine girls gasped as the ground lightly shook and the statue spun around before, finally, a spiral staircase was revealed.
"One at a time, single file, please. No pushing!" Narcissus instructed the girls, waving them in first.

"How often are these meetings?" Hermione ventured to ask.

"Once a month," Narcissus answered. "Might be more often this year due to past... events." As the girls walked down the staircase, Narcissus continued explaining things. "You will go through a ritual tonight, which will officially welcome you into the Strange Women Society, grant you access to our super-secret tunnels, and prevent you from spilling any details about the Society without paying for it."

"What kind of ritual?" Lavender asked frightfully.

"Blood oath. Don't worry though. Only lasts a few seconds," Narcissus assured.

"And what if we don't want to do this oath?" Hermione asked.

"Hm. That's up to Ivy to decide," Narcissus mused. "You'll be sent back to the school, sworn to secrecy, and will no longer know about the Society is my guess. Gosh, you guys are a curious group."

"Just want to make sure we aren't doing something we'll regret," Padma mused. 

"This isn't like... Death Eaters, is it?" There was a collective gasp.

"Of course not!" Narcissus snapped. "We are not terrorists! Oh, pardon me. Let me just squeeze through..." she murmured, slipping past the girls and using her ring once again to grant them access into the room. "In we go, girls." The nine girls slipped into the room, looking around with caution.
The room was a very roomy area indeed. Plant after plant (all of which were harmless) scattered the room; whether it be by hanging or just a pot on the ground. There was even an overgrown tree whose branches sprang across the ceiling, again holding more plants. This, of course, was a magical tree. The life of the cave. If the tree dies, the cave goes with it.
In addition to the trees, there were hanging chairs, simple beanbags, cushions, and three couches around a separate table from which the Strange Women sat at. Pictures and portraits from all of the past Strange Women scattered the wall in no particular design; All kinds of charts and diagrams and notes from the past hung on the wall (there was even a notes wall that included notes from way back when); The light flooding the room came either from lamps that scattered the walls or candle holders that also scattered the walls. Globes, boxes filled with scrolls, and rather ancient furniture were some more highlights. The room, essentially, was decorated as an earthy Victorian house.

"Welcome, pledges," Ivy greeted.

"Hi," a few voices squeaked. Ivy smiled at them.

"Who here is willing to commit to the oath?" Ivy asked sweetly. Several hands shot up. Ivy mentally counted each of them. "Nine. Good."

"What the—" Pansy murmured as one of the Strange Woman began weaving in between the girls, waving sages up and down them. A majority of the pledges accepted the action, partially holding their arms out. 

"All cleansed," Ivy smiled. "Now for the hard part." Narcissus returned with a cushioned wooden box in which a beautiful dagger was stored.

"...we won't get infected from this, right?" Hermione asked nervously.

"Of course not. We're not passing cooties or each other's blood to you," Narcissus mused. 

By the time each girl's hand recieved a slash to the palm and a pretty engraving hidden somewhere on their hands (typically on the sides of their fingers), the Strange Women Society officially had nine new members.
"Well! That's that!" exclaimed Ivy. "Go ahead and take off your masks, girls," she instructed the new recruits, who obliged.