Chapter Forty-Three.

"Daphne, what's a scarlet woman?" (Y/n) asked. Daphne choked. "I thought it had something to do with the fact that most of these pictures are with Gryffindors— and I can't take any of these letters seriously with that in mind— but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be an insult."

"Prostitute," said Theodore. (Y/n)'s mouth fell open.

"Theodore! You can't believe any of those articles, can you?" (Y/n) said in disbelief.

"No! I'm not calling you a prostitute!" Theodore said, panicking. "A scarlet woman is basically a prostitute." (Y/n) shook with suppressed giggles and, without a word, she turned and headed back for the dungeon entrance.

"Hang on! I want to read those letters!" Pansy exclaimed. (Y/n) beamed back at her.

"They're quite funny, Pans. You can tell they're young based off of their spelling and grammar... or they couldn't find the proper clippings to spell right but I hope it's the former," (Y/n) giggled, spreading out the four letters alone she had recieved that day.

"Well, I'm glad you're having fun!" Cassius exclaimed. "I've had three different girls trying to baby me and insult you in front of me!" he huffed, flopping into the seat across from the giggling (Y/n). "And don't get me started on the letters!" His exasperated expression turned into a small smile at (Y/n)'s giddiness.

"This is so exciting. I've never been actually hated on. People always keep their thoughts to themselves but no one's really safe from me now, hm?" (Y/n) was ecstatic. The Slytherins exchanged perplexed looks. Daphne was hunched over the letters, angrily muttering to herself as she fixed the grammar and spelling.

"Not then. Than," Daphne huffed.

"Why're you helping them?" Draco hissed. Daphne immediately stopped writing.

"Why am I helping them?" she mumbled. "Pet peeve, I suppose." (Y/n) grinned at the blonde.

"(Y/n), these are literal death threats," said Draco, peering over Daphne's shoulder.

"What?" Cassius cried

"Wait until they hear I've told myself worse," (Y/n) said cheerfully.

"...what?"

"What do you reckon the new title will be when Skeeter finds out I go all ways?" (Y/n) said, almost instantly changing the subject.

"Backtrack," Blaise said. "What do you mean you've 'told yourself worse'?"

"All ways?" Pansy said hopefully.

"All ways," (Y/n) sang, pushing open the door (and nearly hitting Lorenzo in the process). "Hello, Enzo! Wonderful day we're having, don't you think?"

"Quite pleasant," Lorenzo agreed. "Can't imagine it's been all that great for you, though."

"The best," (Y/n) emphasised. "I'm not sure I've ever had such a nice laugh."

"I don't understand why you needed me to cook so much," (Y/n) mumbled, holding the basket filled with food against her arm.

"'Padfoot's' in Hogsmeade," Ron said.

"Ron!" Hermione hissed. "We weren't supposed to tell her yet. That was Padfoot's job! (Y/n), act surprised."

"Oh, I'm surprised all right!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "And so very betrayed! How long have you kept this a secret?!"

"...about a week after our last Hogsmeade weekend," Harry said guiltily. (Y/n) threw one of her hands up in exasperation.