Chapter Twenty-Two

Friday is my appointment to see a doctor for my physical examination. And no neither Asher nor Landon knows about this and personally, I would like to keep it that way until I get the results.

Asher called me today to apologies for everything that happened, and he said it was my choice whether I take the examination or not. It was so hard not to tell him I was going to take it.

I sigh taking one more glance at myself in the mirror. Two more sleeps until my appointment. An afternoon and a day left until I found out if I've been dealing with something bigger than I can imagine.

A soft knock comes from my bathroom door before slowly opening, "You ready to go?" Landon asks as his eyes travel up and down taking in my emerald, green dress, "Wow you look stunning," his arms snake around my waist pulling me closers into him, "Did you make this?" he fixes up one of my straps.

I hum in response, "We should get going," I lean up and peck him on the lips.

Landon's arms around my waist pull me closer to his body. His tongue slides across my bottom lip before harshly biting down on it. My lips part as a moan slides past them letting him slide his tongue inside my mouth.

Our tongues collide together running over each other. His minty taste fills my taste buds as he steals the air from my lungs.

As much as I would love to continue this kiss we have to go to Cheryl's for dinner and we are already running late. With a heavy heart, I break myself apart from him. He lets out a groan and tries to capture my lips again, but I swerve my head to the side so his lips meet my cheek.

"We have to go to your brother's, we're already late," I give my hair a quick fix in the mirror, "We can continue this later," I pat his chest giving him a wink before exiting the bathroom not waiting for him to follow.

Heavy footsteps follow behind me as we head down the stairs to Landon's car. Landon swoops behind me grasping onto the door handle opening the door for me like a pure gentleman. Blush creeps up the back of my neck at the smallest gesture. I've never been the type of girl that blushes and gets all giddy at small stupid gestures like opening the door, but with Landon it's different.

I shake my head biting on my tongue to stop the huge grin from forming on my face. A mumbled, "Thank you," leaves my lips as I slip into the passenger side of his car.

He strides over to the driver's side quickly falling into the leather seat. He turns the key in the ignition letting the car roar.

We drive out of the car park with soft music playing in the background. We sit in silence my eyes trained out the window.

My thoughts rush to Friday. What will happen? What exactly are they going to have me do? My knee bounces as more and more questions feel my mind. More ifs and buts the more tempted I become to call and cancel my appointment. But I can't because of that small little part of me that needs answers. I need to know if I'm damaged goods. If I'm the throw away expired food in-store because no one wants you once you're past the date.

My teeth sink into the side of my cheek. God can't I just have a break for once! A metal taste meets my tongue making me wince at the sudden realise of pain coming from my cheek, "You, okay?" I jump at the rumble of Landon's voice sending goosebumps up my arms.

I glance over to him and flash him my best smile while I force down the feeling to shiver as more blood glides across my taste buds and down my throat.

Finally, the taste of metal stops. I pull the sun visor down checking to see if my teeth have a stain of blood. To my relief, they don't. A soft sigh passes through my lips as I feel a hand slide up my thigh, "What just happened?" he asks his voice laced with concern.