016. who the hell is wesley?

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘. Dare she say, excited. She really wanted to jump from her comfy seat at her desk and just dance around in the kitchen (and try not to slip over with her fluffy socks on). Adrenaline was coasting through her body, feeling the energy right up to her fingertips down to her toes. Her phone had long been discarded to the edge of her desk as her knees were brought up to her chest, hiding a beaming smile under hot, burning with blush skin.

He had done it. He had asked her after so many months of vicious eye contact, small and lingering touches, knuckles brushing against one and other. Hearing his heart pound under her stare, those blue eyes delving deep into her own.

She had thought about this moment more than she'd like to admit. Ever since they had met, he'd always had something for her. Whether that be friendship or lovers, she would have a soft spot for him.

Let's rewind a little:

Sadie's head was in her hands, eyes covered from the bright screen of that one clip she's watching over and over again, unable to edit it exactly how she wanted it to. Unbearable was the word to describe it.

All she wanted in that moment was for him to wrap her up in his arms, cuddle her until her eyes fluttered shut and head lolled into his shoulder into a peaceful and lack of disturbance sleep.

A sudden vibration on the hardwood desk made her jump, head snapping upwards when it had pinged again. Her hand crawled towards the object glowing with notifications, dragging it lazily down to her lap for it to land not-so-gracefully.

Sadie's eyes blurred over the words that jumbled into one, dismissing the contacts until it landed on the specific name.

"Hey, been thinking about you a lot."

"You can say no, but would you like to go on a date with me? God, I've wanted to ask you that for so long."

Her heart thumped with shock, was this genuine? Did he really feel this way about her? Sadie's pearly white teeth nibbled onto the flesh of her bottom lip, cheeks creasing into a cheesy smile when she had answered back almost instantly.

"Of course! I'll see you tomorrow at 8, sound good? See you!"

She dropped her phone onto the desk and pushed her chair back with her, a squeal slipping from her chapped lips. Her cheeks were glowing with red, nose tinted a colour pink and eyes blown with happiness.

She could finally run her hands through those beautiful blonde locks without an excuse, hold his face and stare at his flawless features for hours and hours. Show him off, he would be a secret to her friends, she could finally admit that she got with her childhood crush.