017. tears fall uncontrollably

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN(here we go)

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
(here we go)

𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒, 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒, 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒. Words frequently used in everyone's average, everyday life. The disappointment of getting handed back worse than what you've given, understanding that you deserve better. That sinking feeling in your chest when you discover that those impending, worst instinct thoughts turn out to be what was just smacked straight in your face.

Some say to brace yourself for failure the second you hit the age when you learn that your parents weren't actually busy, they just wanted a moment away from you. To go through adulthood with the expectation to always be faced with disappointment. The knowing feeling that life sucks.

That's the recognition Harry needed to figure out that Sadie is gone. Well, not literally. Although it feels like it, Harry had no right to call her his anymore, thanks to her stupid date, Wesley; who in fact, is coming to pick her up in exactly 12 minutes.

He watched her pace up down the rugged carpet, staring holes into all four walls. The padding of your shoes against the floor rattled in his brain, the noise irritating and building up masses amounts of unwanted nerves. Her head was hung low, fingers tussled together and mouth running on and on about if she looked anything apart from perfect, a rub in the face that Harry would, in fact not be the lucky guy who gets to see her like this.

"Are you sure I look okay?" Sadie whined with eyes squeezed shut, unable to take another glance at the mirror. Harry ran his fingers through his bed hair, groaning quietly in the palms of his hands as they followed to run down his face.

"You look great, Sade. You always look great." He mumbled the last part, Sadie's attention far off him as though he was merely an inconvenience in her current state.

Harry felt secluded from her, even if she was standing right there. He knew she didn't do this purposefully, she was just acting like anyone would if they were going out; it's just Harry's stupid, stupid feelings. The feelings that had been mercilessly flooding his head for the last week, screaming 'ask her out' and earning a pathetic squeak of anxiety in return.

Sadie perched her elbows on the vanity, careful to not knock over any old products. She stared in the mirror, eyes falling upon a blonde sat crossed legged on her fluffy duvet.

His beautiful face was contorted into a small frown, distaste on the tip of his tongue, lips parted as if he wanted to say something. His hands were playing with the ankle of his joggers, tugging at loose fabric and flicking them far onto her bed. "You okay, Bog?" She sighed, leaning her head into the palms of her hands.