029. thanks for watching

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE,THE LAST CHAPTER

THE LAST CHAPTER.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 propped up against the stacks of books they used instead of digging into their masses of money to buy a tripod, it felt more nostalgic this way. The final video felt momentous like it was the end of the world. In some cases, it practically was; so many years in front of a camera and putting your pretty smiles on to just not one day. It was an end of an era in many ways than one.

Sadie felt like she was going to cry. All these years of fans and endless amount of support to just shove a quick goodbye notice back in their face felt evil. Guilt consumed her in every way possible, she felt like she was going to throw up.

Harry and her sat side by side, their shoulders touching as they shared the sofa. Sadie had her head hung low while Harry stared forwards, looking at nothing in particular.

The camera was rolling, it had been for the past four minutes. But no one said a thing.

Sadie question whether they should even be doing this. Was it the right decision? Should she focus on her the new chapter of her life or desperately claw at the remainder of the last one?

Harry took in a deep breath and opened his mouth. "So you're probably wondering why we are filming a serious-looking video, but it has to be done for us to move on."

She could just sense the panic the viewers must feel when this video will be uploaded; destroying all amounts of devotion people had put into her life and just tearing them in front of their faces.

Sadie perked up. "This video has nothing to do with you guys in any way, this is what I and Harry have decided to do looking forwards to our future together."

Harry looked at her, eyes softening at her broken gaze and guilt-ridden features. His hand slithered down to her, fingers interlocking and chests falling.

"I'm gonna go straight to the point and not let you guys suffer anymore." This was it. The moment that would shatter hearts across the nation, more importantly, the one who sat right next to him.

"Me and Sadie are quitting youtube. I'll be taking a step back from being a member of the Sidemen alongside my channel. Sadie too."

She breathed in sharply. There it was.

"I'm still very good mates with them all and love them, they all support our decision and will continue the channel without me or features of Sade."

She swallowed, tears blocking her vision as she pursed her lips to speak. "It was a very difficult decision to make, I hope you understand that. But me and Harry would like a future together that doesn't have the time to sit and film a video every other day. I'm really sorry."

Harry's chin wobbled, holding back any tears. His hand rubbed against Sadie's back while she pleaded to the camera for forgiveness. She didn't need to, she made the decision and shouldn't feel any guilt for pursuing what she wants for herself. She deserves a life with him, he knows he can make her happy.

"The past years spent with you guys as fans were the best years of our lives and we'll be forever thankful for that. But we're nearing our later 20s and we don't have time to mess around anymore, I love this girl and I don't want to waste one minute without her in my future."

Sadie held back a sob, one of her hands tucking itself around Harry's back as he pulled her closer to his chest.

"This is like the first time I've cried in front of a camera, fuck!" Harry laughed as he wiped the tears from under his eyes. Sadie placed a hand on his cheek and brushed over his cheekbones the more he got emotional.

"I'm sorry this video is short and leaves you guys on an upsetting note but it's what's needed to do. We hope you can respect our decision and look out for us in the future, I mean, you guys literally saw me in love with the girl for years and now I'm a full-time simp!"

"But honestly, I couldn't have had a better few years and wish I could have been more thankful when I realised I was in my prime to now— Thank you all for sticking with me through my ups and downs and not cancelling me for all the shit I've done! But this girl right here is my absolute world and I'd do anything to spend the rest of my life with her, that's what I'm heading for."

"I appreciate you lot and for the last time:"

She never thought it would hurt this bad. She never realised how much time has gone into this and how much blood, sweat and tears went into what she loved. But ultimately, as she looked directly into the lens with tears trickling down her face, a bittersweet smile etched onto her skin, she knew this was the end she had hoped for. When everything came crashing down, she had this. And now, before the dreaded words left her lips, she breathed in the bliss of the last 29 chapters coming to a full circle, giving her that happy ending she had always wanted.

"Thanks for watching!"

molly speaks!
and this is where SO CLICHÉ comes to and end.

9 months of whacking my head searching for ideas is over, and i've never felt like this

a full thank you will be released now, it's a lot to handle currently and i'd like to give my full heart out to you lot for all the support you have given within these chapters.

and with this being the last authors notes i'll give in this book, i'd like to say:

wroetoshaw is fit