019. can she go back?

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 broken. Stood on and twisted into the ground miles under, not one feeling of remorse as the world laughed at her misery. It was as if everyone was pointing a finger at her, a low and urethral chuckle irritating her ears as the noise got louder; her surroundings closing in on her to endure the suffering. Their happiness smacked right in the face of the opposite: the sucker whose heart was destined to love one boy forever, then for them to destroy it and rather ruined her entire life.

The date with Wesley was sent from Hell. He's a lovely guy, sure. Well, Sadie would have known that if she hadn't had her head on the table the entire time, sobbing about some 'idiot, stinker, heartbreaker, little shit', quoted by a far from sober Sadie. When she had picked her head up off the table, she realised that everyone had left the restaurant, date included, coming to terms that the workers were intending to close.

Wesley had sent her minimal messages after the 'date', wishing her the best and hoping she'd kick whoever's ass hurt her.

Sadie led in bed with her duvet pulled up to under her chin, his scent still lingering on the comforter. A bowl of Quality Streets sat on her lap, wrappers flung anywhere as the bin was in the other room. The TV was on a high volume, the sounds of the 'Friends' laugh track surely woke the neighbours.

Her sarcasm made no effort to perk up, no remarks on how each character made one wrong move, no mockery of that cliché route, absolutely nothing.

Her rosy cheeks lined with tears, splatters of embarrassment and humiliation stained on her sorrow face. Her lashes fluttered, tears spilling from her eyes uncontrollably, unknowingly, an accepting aura floating uncomfortably around her distressed state; she acted like the world had fallen in on her.

In which it did, to some extent. Harry was her world, he had thrown the towel in and crushed her little heart like it were meaningless. He might have well smeared the blood of her heartbreak on her, the walls that closed in every second, the entire flat; anything and everything reminded her of what they once had, what she had lost because of herself.

She wished she could blame him, she wanted to so badly point the finger at him and say that all this was the consequences of his actions. But ultimately, she believed it was her at fault.

It had been said, time and time again. Sadie was nothing but a prop for attention.

She was a free card to grab all eyes on the person she held hands with. Nobody ever wanted her for her personality, her looks, her love; it was all a pawn for the fame.