Whispers In The Dark

~Chapter 20~

Unknowns P.O.V

I watched as she fell to the ground, not making it to the trash can. Her friends rushed over to her and tried to shake her awake. Someone, a man, picked her up bridal style. I'm guessing this was her mate. They started running towards the building to get help. Her friends were crying and shouting for people to get out of their way. Just a few minutes ago they were being careless teenagers, now they were freaking out. Once they disappeared from my sight I found my way through the trees and bushes, finding the path I came from. I pulled out my phone and called my Alpha.
"She is starting to show signs." I said quietly in case anybody was around to hear.
"Good. Very good. Keep and eye on her and her friends. They're important too. But be careful no one see's you. We'll be in touch." Said the masculine voice on the other end.
After that he hung up and that was it. The day was getting closer.
Soon darling. Soon.

Donovan's P.O.V

Everything was fine until she fell. Her eyes closed and that was it. I freaked. I picked her up after many attempts of trying to shake her awake. All of us ran to the nurses office, yelling at people to get out of our way. Clayton and Nick were growling at people and trying to comfort Lydia and Melody who were crying and pushing people to get there faster. Bree looked like she was in a daze, her eyes were blank and her jaw clenched. We finally got to the nurses office and rushed a unconscious Violet in there. The nurse took me to the bed and she told us to go back to our classes. We all started to object and then she finally said,
"One person only." Mainly directed towards me.
I looked at the gang pleadingly and they nodded. They knew I had to be with her, she's my mate. They left with crying Lydia and Melody. I sat there holding her hand as the nurse told me she had just fainted and she'd wake up soon. I sighed and started talking to her about anything to distract myself. Hopefully the familiarity of my voice would be her back fully conscious.

Clayton's P.O.V

We were all worried about Violet but we had to do as told. As soon as school ended we'd be back there to see how she is doing and if she woke up yet. I was trying to comfort Lydia the best I could but she kept crying and crying so the teacher let us go sit outside in the hall. She said the same to Nick and Melody because she was also balling her eyes out. Bree came without permission but the teacher said nothing of it. It was hard to read Bree. You couldn't tell if she was mad or upset right now. She was just.. Blank. I know you probably think that we're all making a big deal out of this, but Violet has never fainted or anything like that since before mum died.. The pack doctor said she fainted so much because there was something that just wasn't right about something in our life. We all believed that it had to do with mum because she was unconscious for a week right before mother died. Then after that it never happened again. Till now. My thoughts were cut off by a loud sob that escaped my mate. I held her closer to me and rubbed her back.

Lydia's P.O.V

I sobbed into Clayton's chest and clenched his shirt in my hands. I was so scared. Violet is never normally like this. It happened so fast. One minute we were dancing and singing, the next we were rushing over to my unconscious best friend. I hope she will be okay.. But we all know what this means.. Something is gonna happen. Something big. But I don't think we were all ready to face that yet.

Melody's P.O.V

Look, I know I haven't known them long.. But they were already like a family to me. I didn't want to leave Violet in the nurses office as much as everyone else. I had a feeling that I was missing something though. It hung in the air with the sobs and cries that escaped our mouths. I was gonna find out what it is.

Nicks P.O.V

I held onto Melody tightly as if it would stop her heart breaking soft cries. This is hurting all of us.. You think its not a big deal, but to us it is. Its a sign of something huge that's about to happen. But this time, we'll be ready for it.

Bree's P.O.V

I've seen this happen before. And we needed to get ready.

Violets P.O.V

It was like a dream. A dark cold dream. But finally, after soaring through what seemed like hours of darkness, I saw some light ahead. It was so bright I closed my eyes. But then, my eyes cracked open. I was standing in the middle of a field. The sun kissed my skin and the grass was up to my waist. It was so green it looked fake. I started walking through it, trailing my fingers over the tips of long grass. I heard a voice calling my name..
"Violet.." It trailed through the wind.
"Violet.. Come to me.." Mum?
I started running through the grass and up and small little hill. I then spotted someone standing a few feet away from me. She had lond golden brown hair. I started walking to her slowly..
"Violet.. Please be safe.. I believe in you.. You can do it.." Then wind passed me again.
What did it mean? Who believed in me? What can I do? Be safe about what? Why did the voice talking to me sound like my mother? So many questions floated through my head.

I tried yelling at the lady standing in front of me but no words came out of my mouth. Not even a sound. Suddenly, I was being pulled back into the dark once again. Wait!! Who is that woman! I need answers! I started running, trying to catch up to the scene that seemed to be getting further away from me as I was swallowed back into the darkness. A manly voice was talking to me. Telling me some story. The voice sounded oddly fimiliar..

My eyes fluddered open only to see my mate looking down at our joined hands.
"We both ended up falling out of the tree trying to fix it.. But we just made everything worse. I couldn't play any sports for the two weeks because I broke my leg and it wouldn't heal fast enough cause I wasn't a full werewolf yet.." He said while rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb gently. I smiled and croaked out,
"Donovan?"
His head snapped up to met my eyes. It looked like he might cry.
"Violet!" He yelled in a whisper.
I was crushed to his chest just as the bell rang letting me know the school day was over.

*Authors Note!*

Did you guys like this chapter? Its kinda short, but I think it was pretty good. Sorry for the short P.O.V's!! And sorry for any mistakes, I try my best not to have too many.
Follow. Comment. Share. Vote. Please!! I will follow you back! Pinky promise :3 If you have any suggestions let me know! Thanks for the 9k