eight

Wednesday yawned as she leaned against the wall outside of the Chinatown ear doctor's office. Kate and Clint were sat on the stairs, with Pizza dog sprawled against Wednesday's feet.

Kate typed a message on her phone and Clint's phone beeped. He held it up and rolled his eyes.

"Block. Delete," he said.

A woman walked towards them and Kate jumped up, Clint following.

"Morning," Kate said.

"What are you waiting for?" the woman asked, unlocking the door of her building.

"Uh, you. You're the doctor, right?" Kate asked.

"I'm very busy," the woman said. Clint handed Kate the hearing aid.

"Oh. Well... Really need this fixed. Please?" Kate held it out with a hopeful smile.

Wednesday reached into her pocket and pulled out some money, grabbing one hundred dollars. She held them out to the woman with a raised eyebrow.

"Please," she said.

The woman nodded and took the hearing aid.

"Give me five minutes," she said, taking the cash, too.

She disappeared inside and Wednesday smiled at Kate and Clint.

"Told you we'd get it fixed," she said.

"Did you just pay her money to hurry her up and stop her from saying no?" Clint said.

"Yes," Wednesday nodded. He squinted at her for a few seconds.

"Where did you learn all of this shit?" he said.

"You don't wanna know," Wednesday smirked.

Wednesday held onto Pizza dog's lead as the three of them walked down the street towards a pet-friendly diner they could grab breakfast at.

Wednesday stopped at one of the market stalls selling ugly Christmas sweaters. There was an extremely ugly purple one with three snowmen and two elves on the front in horrifically neon colours.

"Katie baby," Wednesday said.

Kate and Clint stopped walking and looked at her.

"Wes?" Kate said.

"I dare you to buy this ugly purple Christmas sweater and wear it all day," Wednesday said, pointing at the sweater.

Kate stared at her for a few seconds before looking at the sweater. Her eyes widened at just how ugly it was.

"You can back out," Wednesday smirked.

"I hate you," Kate muttered, walking towards the stall owner.

They watched as she grabbed the sweater and paid for it. She took off her coat and then tugged the sweater on over her t-shirt, wincing when the material touched her arms.

"This is so itchy," she groaned.

She pulled her coat on again and looked at Wednesday.

"I hate you," she repeated.

"You love me," Wednesday smirked, holding her hand out for Kate.

Kate took it and rolled her eyes. The three of them and Pizza dog continued on down the street.

"I don't get this dare thing," Clint said.

"We started it on Kate's tenth birthday," Wednesday said.

"And it turned into a competition. You have to do the dare and, if you don't, the person who gave you the dare gets to tackle you with a ten second headstart," Kate said.