ten

"No, it's not impossible. The first arrow you release just has to be wood. So when you release the second one, it splits it up the middle," Clint sighed.

"I call bullshit. I've tried it," Kate scoffed.

"She has," Wednesday called from where she was sat in the kitchen to keep a safe distance between herself and Kate so Kate wouldn't try and jump her bones in front of Clint.

"Well, I've done it a few times," Clint said, wrapping some lights around the tree.

"You got any other cool tricks?" Kate asked.

"Well, I can knock somebody unconscious with that, like, 20 feet away," Clint picked a flat circular bauble off the tree.

"No, you can't," Kate snorted.

"I'd use a quarter or a nickel. A dime's too light," Clint said.

"Prove it," Wednesday called from the kitchen.

"What, knock you unconscious?" Clint asked.

"Not me. Kate. Maybe she'll stop being horny so I can come back into the living room," Wednesday said.

"I'm not going to do anything, promise," Kate smirked at her.

"I don't believe you," Wednesday said. Kate turned back to Clint.

"I want you to hit something," she said. Clint rolled his eyes. "Fine, live forever without me believing you. I'll just tell every stranger that I see that Hawkeye is full of bullshit," Kate said.

Clint flicked the coin and the TV turned up. Wednesday jumped to her feet with wide eyes.

"Whoa," she whispered.

"You've got to show me how you did that," Kate said.

"All right, you ready?" Clint slurred.

He, Wednesday and Kate were stood in the hallway, looking into the living room.

"Yeah," Kate said.

"You have a nice snap. Make sure you get that curve. Just a little one. Right, you got it, right?" Clint said.

Kate flicked the coin, but it just hit the wall beside them instead.

"Oh, God," Clint laughed.

Kate groaned and grabbed the coin again.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Ring finger. Grip it tight. Yeah," Clint said. Kate flicked the coin and it got further than last time. "That was better. You can do it this time," Clint said.

"Okay," Kate said.

"I believe in you, baby," Wednesday grinned.

Kate winked at her and flicked the coin away. It hit the TV and it powered the movie back on.

"Oh, my God!" Kate said.

"You did it!" Wednesday jumped on Kate's back, kissing her cheek.

"What?" Clint whooped.

"Holy shit, I did it," Kate laughed, carrying Wednesday towards the living room.

"Yes," Clint laughed.

"That was crazy," Kate said, dropping Wednesday onto the couch before settling herself in Wednesday's arms.

"Hey, not bad, kid," Clint grinned, dropping into the armchair.

"Not bad. All right. Best shot you ever took?" Kate asked Clint.

"Uh, the one I didn't take," Clint said.