fourteen

• last chapter :( •

The three of them launched into action. Clint and Kate had the advantage of using their arrows to hit the outer ranks, while Wednesday had to wait until they got close to her to either hit them with it, or she could throw her throwing knives at them.

Wednesday dodged the backfiring effects of the arrows that got too near her, ducking around Kate and Clint as she took out people too close to them.

Clint fired an arrow at a truck driving directly towards the ice when most of the Tracksuits were almost gone. The van shrunk in front of their eyes, coming to land at their feet at the same size as a toy truck.

"What happens to them now?" Kate asked.

"I don't know. I'll have to ask Scott about that one," Clint mumbled.

An owl hooted, flying towards the van and taking off into the air with it in its' feet.

"Well, there's that," Wednesday mumbled.

A few Tracksuits got to their feet behind Wednesday and Clint sent an arrow their way, blowing them back down with a blast of fire.

"Let's go," Clint said, seeing the ice was clear.

The three of them hurried off the ice and up the stairs.

"Kate, your mom just came out the side door," Grills said over comms.

"Copy," Clint said.

"I gotta go find her," Kate said. Wednesday grabbed her hand instantly.

"You okay?" Clint said.

"Yeah," Kate said.

A bullet whizzed past their ears and they ducked down, looking at Clint.

"Just go," he said.

They nodded and took off running towards the side door to see Eleanor.

Monday was catching his breath after fighting off the Tracksuits nearest to him, about twenty on the floor.

"Good work," Monday told them.

"You, too. Thanks for this," Wednesday said.

"Yeah, well, I'm your big brother and it's my job to protect you, even if I've been pretty shitty at it lately. You do stupid shit, so do I. That's just how this goes," Monday said.

"Well, we've done enough stupid shit that you should be involved in. Go back to Em and the boys. We can handle the rest," Wednesday said.

"We'll catch up tomorrow," Kate said.

"Yeah, but we gotta go right now," Wednesday said, pulling Kate away from Monday.

"Have fun," Monday waved after them.

Wednesday and Kate quickly crept around the corner, seeing Kingpin trying to pull Eleanor out of a car.

"Get away from my mom!" Kate pulled an arrow ready, pointing it at Kingpin.

Wednesday held the baseball bat in one hand, the other on the hilt of a knife in her belt.

"What are you gonna do with that?" Kingpin scoffed.

Kate shot an arrow at him, but he pulled it out of the bulletproof vest he must be wearing and threw it aside. Kate shot another one at him, this one with a rope, but he grabbed the rope and pulled Kate forward, knocking her onto her side.

"Hey, back the fuck up!" Wednesday yelled, throwing one of her throwing knives at him.

It skimmed his face, cutting along his cheek and right through his right ear. He turned to her, a glare on his face, but he didn't have time to do anything.