Date Night

       Genevieve and Elijah spend the whole day together, they ended up falling asleep together in bed and waking up together in the morning

Genevieve and Elijah spend the whole day together, they ended up falling asleep together in bed and waking up together in the morning. Elijah left in the morning so that he and she could get ready for their date. Genevieve went over to Elena's to have her help her get ready.

She texted Elijah and told him just to pick her up at Elena's and he agreed readily saying he needed to check up on Elena anyway. She rolled her eyes, "This is what you get for dating the bad guy." Elena said. "He's not a bad guy, he's just determined to Klaus for killing me." That wasn't all the information but Elijah told her things in confidence and she would keep his secrets.

     She was finally done getting ready as Elena heard a knock on the door. She looked at Genevieve, "That's probably him." She looked nervous, "Elena, he's not going to hurt you." She nodded and left. Genevieve walked down when she heard arguing. She stepped down on the main floor and saw Damon and Elena arguing.

       She swallowed hard as Damon turned and looked at her, "Woah." He whispered as he looked her up and down, "Gene, you look..." He shook his head like he didn't know what to say. "Just hot as hell." He cleared his throat, "Elena, I don't like this guy coming over here." Elena shrugged, "He's not coming for me."

        Damon ignored her and walked up to Genevieve, who backed away into the kitchen, "Gene, come on, you know I'm not going to hurt you." She laughed without humor, "Yeah....I almost died the other day because of you." Damon sighed, "I lost control, I got mad, I'm sorry." She shook her head, "No. It doesn't work like that, Damon. I'm not Elena, I don't just forgive you because it's 'awe, Damon has trauma, he makes mistakes.' You fucked up, learn to lay in the mess you made."

        Damon crossed his arms, "Look, I don't care if you date anyone but why him? Of all people! The man who tried to kidnap Elena and you!" They we're so busy fighting that they didn't hear the knock or Elena go answer the door. She scoffed, "I don't think that's any of your damn business who I date. It never was before when you didn't care." He walked toward her and she backed into the counter, he trapped her there with his arms. She tried to lean back more but couldn't, the counter stopping her.

        Damon leaned close, "Maybe, I got mad the other day, Genevieve, not because of what you said but because you hurt me. Maybe, I like you!" She shook her head, "No. Get away from me." She whispered. He grabbed her elbows, "Hear me out, Gene."

        "Damon." Elijah said in a threatening tone. "The lady said to get away and I suggest you listen to her if you value your life." He was completely calm but you could almost feel the electricity in the air. Damon sighed and shook his head, laughing, "You always enter at the worse times."

         Elijah stepped closer, "I don't see you moving and I should, very very soon." Damon let go of Genevieve and she moved to Elijah and he moved her to the side. "Now, if you excuse me for one moment, Damon." He turned to Genevieve, "Hello Angel, you looking stunning, my love." He brushed his thumb across her cheek and kissed her forehead.

          "Now." He stepped up to Damon and brushed nonexistent dust off his shoulder, looking Damon in the eye, "Did you get my message?" Damon nodded, "Yep, loud and clear. With all the heart ripping out and everything." Elijah smirked, "Now, here's a new threat to add to that one and this will be the last one I give. If I see you lay one finger on Genevieve again. I will slowly and methodically pull everyone of your organs out and make you eat them one by one. Then I will set you on fire and watch you burn while still alive." He smiled a sweet smile and patted his shoulder, turning away.

         Elijah walked to Genevieve, "Thank you, Elena for helping Genevieve and allowing me to pick her up from your home." He put his hand on the small of Genevieve's back, "Let's go, my dear. We do have reservations." He looked back at Damon, "I hope you heed my warning." He looked at Elena, "Goodnight." He lead Genevieve out the door to his car. He opened the door for her and she got in, he walked over to the other side and got in as well.

         Once they were at the restaurant and seated, Elijah ordered some wine and Genevieve ordered a water, "Thank you for the thing back at the house." He smiled, "Of course. It was my pleasure." She shook her head, "He told me he liked me, that's why he was so mad." She rolled her eyes, "He knew he never had a chance."

        Elijah chuckled, "He's a sore loser, apparently. For both the woman he lost." She laughed, "You can say that again." They ordered their food. Elijah looked at Genevieve, "You are stunning. I could look at you for years and never get tired." She held out her hand and he grabbed it, holding it over the table. "Thank you for this. You didn't have too, we're already soulmates." He smiled, "Being soulmates does not mean I get to slack off and not treat you to the finest things this world has to offer. Being bonded does not mean I don't have to work for you or compliment you until your face turns red." She blushed at that and giggled.

          "Such a smooth talker." Elijah smirked and winked, "You've seen nothing yet, beautiful." He kissed her hand and their food arrived, they were quiet for a bit while they ate. "So, I never asked, what does your dad do? I haven't seen him at your house." She smiled softly, "He's the head surgeon at the hospital in the city so he doesn't spend a lot of time at the house. He has another place there, so he doesn't have to commute so far. I miss him all the time but it's nice to pretty much have a house to myself. No one asks questions, not that he would anyway, my dad was always really laid back."

            She took a drink of his wine and he smiled, "My dad always said he had way to much stress at work to make himself stress out at home too. Said he would surly lose his hair if he did that. Him and my mom went with a more gentle parenting style, not ordering me around but letting me make my own decisions and learn from the consequences." She shrugged, "It worked and now I don't really make a lot of the simple mistakes because I learned from my own past mistakes." Elijah tilted his head, "My mom was kind of like that. But my father had always been an authoritarian, beatings with him were hard. Klaus got the worst of it though."

          Genevieve frowned and looked down, "I couldn't even think about hurting my kids." Elijah chuckled, "It was a very different time back then." She nodded. "Can I ask what happened to your mom?" He asked. She sighed and smiled, "Yeah. Pancreatic cancer, they found it to late. They gave her three months to live but my mom was a fighter, she lived for 6 months." He grabbed her hand, "I'm sorry." She shook her head, "Its been 4 years, I'm healing, I can talk about it with out crying now. She's the reason I dance."

         Elijah raised an eyebrow and Genevieve continued, "She noticed ever since I could walk, I loved to dance. She put me in all the dance, cheer, and gymnastics classes. Even classical. And I soaked it up like a sponge and excelled at it all, best in my classes. When she got sick, I told her I was going to quit dance to stay home with her." She laughed, "She told me absolutely not. That she wasn't going to be the reason I gave up my passion. She used to say, 'I'm going to die either way, might as well follow your dreams.'" She swallowed and looked down, "I used to get so mad when she said that because it used to make me think about life without her. I hated it but I get it now. If you want something you have to chase it, no matter what trips you up, you get back up and go get it."

          Elijah was listening to her in awe, "You know what I think? I think you are so wise, maybe your soul is older then even me." She smiled at him. "Do you want dessert?" She nodded, "Yes! I'm not going to turn down dessert." And there was the young soul again.