Reunion

Genevieve slowly opened her eyes and blinked at the sun coming through the window

Genevieve slowly opened her eyes and blinked at the sun coming through the window. She sat up and rubbed her face. She looked down at her clothes, blood was on her shirt, she frowned then remembered what happened. She was throwing up blood and dying. Where was she?

There was a knock on the door and Carol Lockwood walked in, "Elijah said you would be awake soon and that I should give you a change of clothes. He wants you to meet him out back, he's talking to Elena about some stuff." Genevieve blinked, Mrs. Lockwood was obviously compelled. Then her brain went back over her words, Elijah.

She stood quickly and looked around, "Clothes?" She asked. Mrs. Lockwood pointed to the pants and tank top, "Well, I guess it'll have to work." She changed quickly and slipped her shoes back on. She ran out the door and down the stairs. She walked towards the door to the back yard and her heart pounded heavily, knowing Elijah was out there.

She opened the doors and walked out, she spotted him with Elena, but he hadn't seen her yet. She just wanted to watch him for a moment, just know he was alive and moving around, she watched him hand Elena her phone. She talked on it for a moment then said something to Elijah and ran off. Elijah turned and his eyes landed on Genevieve, she blinked and then he was in front of her.

She stared up at him, "You're back." She whispered. He leaned down, "I'm back." He whispered and then he kissed her, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her against him. When she pulled away she had tears dripping down her face, he brushed them away. "I love you." She cried softly, "I feel like I died with you. And I just kept getting sick and my nose started bleeding for hours, then I started coughing up blood, then last night." She shivered and Elijah nodded, "I know. Elena told me about you throwing up blood. The soul bond was killing you, you were okay for a couple days because my blood was in your system but when it finally left and you didn't have anymore....you would have died if Elena had not undaggered me. They would have not been able to provide you with the amount of blood you needed."

Genevieve wiped her eyes, "I missed you." She sniffed and his heart broke for her, "Come on." He lead her inside and sat her down on the couch, kneeling down in front of her, "I'm sorry, I should have listened to you when you said you had a bad feeling about that party." He sighed, "I love you. I don't want you to have to go through this again but with Klaus now in town, I don't know what is going to happen." He kissed her hands, "I'm going to protect you at all cost."