Miracle

A lot happened in two weeks, Elena of course lied about trying to kill Klaus and forgot to mention she would take all the rest of the siblings down with him, including Elijah

A lot happened in two weeks, Elena of course lied about trying to kill Klaus and forgot to mention she would take all the rest of the siblings down with him, including Elijah. They were all linked together now so if one dies the others died with them. Genevieve and Elena were no longer friends. Genevieve actually told her that she would kill her and everyone she loved if Elijah died.

After having to turn Bonnie's mom into a vampire, Esther was gone and Elijah had came back to the mansion more upset then ever. "We're leaving. I need to get away from this place and my family." She frowned, "Are you sure, Elijah?" He nodded, "Start packing. We leave in an hour." Kol walked by the room, "I'm coming with you guys, I'm not sticking around to be daggered by Klaus again." Elijah sighed, "Like I said, an hour, Kol!" He yelled to him as he walked away.

So, Genevieve packed everything she needed and they were down in the car under an hour. Klaus and Rebekah weren't there to say goodbye too. Kol leaned up from the back seat, "So, where are we going?" Genevieve looked at Elijah and he looked back, "Where do you want to go, angel?" She thought for a moment, "Let's go to Alaska. Snow, sledding, hot chocolate." She looked at Kol and he grinned at her, "I think Alaska works for me."

And that's how they ended up in Alaska a few days later, they rented a house and a couple days after that Kol left, saying Klaus asked him for help with something which left Elijah and Genevieve alone. It had been two weeks since that night when Elliot told her she was pregnant and while Elijah was out buying some food for them, she snuck out to the store to buy a pregnancy test. When she got back she took the test quickly and laid it on the counter, waiting.

She paced back and forth, scared to look at the test, but she finally got the courage and picked up the test. Two little pink lines were there. She put the test down and sat down on the floor. Elliot was right, some how, some way, she was pregnant. She laid her head back against the wall and cried. She didn't know why she was crying, maybe because she was confused, or that nature had chosen to use her soul, or maybe they were happy tears because she was going to love the baby no matter what.

She heard the front door open, "Genevieve. I'm back. Do you want dinner?" She got up and put the test in her pocket and walked out of the bathroom. "Hey Lijah." She smiled and he frowned, "Were you crying?" He asked, he put the bags down and walked to her, cupping her face. She couldn't hold it in and she started crying again, "Yes." She whispered. Elijah wrapped his arms around her, "Why, my love? Did something happen?"

Genevieve shook her head, "I told you I would tell you about what Elliot said to me. Two weeks ago. He told me that my soul was made by nature herself, that I was supposed to be special....to carry something new for her." Elijah blinked, "I think I'm more confused, love." She sighed, "Hold out your hand." He frowned but did as she said. She took the test out of her pocket and placed it in his hand, he stared down at it. "This....isn't possible."

She nodded but took his hand and lead him to the couch. She laid down and he automatically knelt next to her, "Listen." She put her hand on her stomach and he took a deep breath, laying his head on her stomach, closing his eyes. Then he heard it, a very tiny fluttering of a heart beat, he swore his own heart stopped. "I hear it. The heart. I hear it." He whispered. Genevieve wiped the tears from her eyes, "Me too. I've heard it for a week now." He looked at her, "How is this even possible? It goes against nature." She sat up and faced him, "No. Nature is the reason. I'm going to create a new species, one that keeps balance. It's our baby but nature created the soul that's there."

Elijah stared at her stomach and Genevieve started to get nervous, "Elijah...I'm sorry, I didn't know this would happen. If you want to go and not be apart of this...I understand." She couldn't stop the tears, it would be scary doing it on her own, especially with people after her but she would do it. Elijah looked up at her and shook his head, "No, you don't need to be sorry. I just never thought...." He put his hand on her stomach, "I never thought this was possible. I never thought I would be able to be a father, I gave up on that dream when we were told we couldn't..." He wiped his own eyes, "Genevieve, I've always just wanted a family." A tear dripped down his face, "I told you I would never leave you again. I will not be leaving and I will take care of you and protect you. What else did Elliot tell you?"

Genevieve nodded, "He said that a coven of witches are making a plan to kill me, because I can't be killed right now, they plan to kill me during delivery. That's the only time I'll be able to die. Nature always has a balance." She swallowed, "So, when the time comes...they will try to kill me and our child. And I'm sure people will try everything they can even now. Magic, poison, and knifes, anything to try and kill us." She whispered, gesturing to her stomach. Elijah shook his head, "No." He ran his fingers through her hair, "They won't. I will protect you and our child no matter what. I will kill anyone who tries to lay a finger on you."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his shoulder, crying, "Thank you." She whispered and he shook his head, "You have no reason to thank me, my love." He held her tightly as she sobbed. "I know you're scared but did you want children?" He asked, quietly. She pulled back and looked at him, "Yes. I love kids." He wiped her tears away, "So, a new species?" He tilted his head, "Did Elliot say anything about what they will be?" She looked down and touched her stomach, "Just that they will bring balance to the world."