You Left

It was weird to be back in Mystic Falls after almost three months

It was weird to be back in Mystic Falls after almost three months. She felt so different now, stronger, faster, better, she had left broken and came back whole. She hadn't known it but those months she was gone, Garret had been helping her slowly heal and come to terms with everything she had been through.

They walked into Klaus' new house, she guessed her new house also. Klaus showed them to their rooms and they unpacked, apparently Elena was alive and she was going to go see her because Elena thought she was dead also.

Then she learned Klaus' family were in coffins, including Elijah, but they were with Stefan. Klaus told her that he daggered Elijah, which he obviously lied about before but he admitted that Elijah still left her to come kill him and choose his family. Her anger towards Elijah calmed but it still didn't change the fact that he left her.

She changed and walked down to meet Garret at the front of the house, "You ready? I wanna see Elena." He smiled and kissed her cheek, "Yes. But are you ready?" She took a deep breath, "Yes. Then we can come back here and train." She grinned at him.

Garret opened the door and gestured for her to lead the way. They got into her car and she drove to Elena's house, once they got there. She ran up to the door, knocking. Elena answered and stared, "Gene?" She asked. Genevieve smiled at her, "Elena!" Elena ran into her arms and they hugged each other tightly, "I thought you were dead!" They both cried then laughed.

"Klaus changed me then sent me away." Elena nodded, "Jenna was killed by Klaus." Genevieve stepped back, "I'm so sorry, Elena." Elena shook her head and stepped inside, "We can talk about it in the kitchen." Garret appeared beside Genevieve, "Sorry, this is my friend, Garret." Garret smiled, "By friend she means the man who saved her life and taught her how to survive. Also, sort of her boyfriend." She looked at Garret, "Garret! Stop telling people that. You asked me to be your girlfriend, I said no, I'm not ready." He shrugged, "So my almost, is going to be, girlfriend."

Elena frowned, "You heard about Elijah being in the coffin?" Garret looked away and Genevieve sighed, "Yeah. But he left me, he chose that...he knew I was in transition. I don't know if I can forgive him for that."

Elena nodded, "Let's talk in the kitchen." Genevieve looked down at the threshold, "Elena....I can't..." Elena blushed, "I'm sorry! You can come in, you also Garret." Genevieve smiled and walked in.

After hours talking to Elena about everything she has done and gone through, she and Garret left and went back to Klaus' house. They were training in the ball room, Genevieve more dancing around while Garret tried his best to do the same moves as her and Genevieve laughing when he would fall over.

Genevieve pushed him over at one point when he was trying to do a arabesque. He started chasing her around, "You little brat!" He lunged toward her and she dodged out of the way, sticking her tongue out at him. He laughed and used his vampire speed to grab her waist, lifting her up, she started giggling. "Gar! That's cheating!"

He set her down but then kicked her feet out from under her and she fell onto her back. He straddled her and pinned her to the ground, "Not cheating, just using what I have to win." He smiled and bent down, kissing her nose then her cheek then her jaw. She blushed, "Garret."

Then he was gone. He was pinned up against a wall by Elijah. Her heart pounded but she got up and slammed Elijah back against the wall. He looked down at her, "You've gotten stronger, my love." He smiled. She pushed him back hard against the wall, "No! You don't get to come in and call me that! You don't get to come in here and act like you didn't leave me, Elijah!" She couldn't help the tears that started and didn't stop.

"Genevieve." He whispered and she shook her head, stepping back, "No, Elijah. I was alone, you let me transition alone!" Elijah grabbed her arms, "I was daggered. I couldn't be there." She yanked her arms away, "But you could have been! You could have come to me!"

Elijah looked at her, sadness in his eyes, "Genevieve, I'm sorry." Garret walked up behind Genevieve, interrupting Elijah and brushed her hair back from her face, "Calm down, take a breath, beautiful." He said, sending a look at Elijah and Elijah gave him a dark look back. Genevieve hugged Garret, she buried her face in his chest, crying. He wrapped his arms around her, "So, you're Elijah, huh? I've heard a lot about you, it's a good thing I was there to help her when you weren't. She probably would have starved and died in transition."

Genevieve pulled back from Garret, "You left me alone, Elijah." She said in a broken whisper, looking at him with tear stained eyes. Elijah frowned, "I promise, I will spend eternity making it up to you. I'll show you how much I love you." He whispered to her. She shook her head, "I don't know if it works that way, Elijah." She walked by him and he grabbed her waist, "I'll prove it to you." He brushed his fingers along her cheek, "I won't leave you again."

Genevieve pushed away and walked away from him. He sighed and Garret walked to him, "I want you to know, one of the first things she said when she woke up was 'where's Elijah?' And I had to watch her heart break when she learned you left her." Elijah stared at him and he continued, "I will be damned if I don't fight for her, you being back changes nothing, I won't lose her to the person who left her."

Elijah growled, "Are you challenging me?" Garret laughed, "You won't kill me. She would hate you." Elijah slammed him up against the wall, "Do you want to bet that?" Garret shrugged, "Go ahead." Elijah stepped back, "No, I will win her back the old fashioned way. Because no matter what you have with her. She loves me and she always has. She's my soulmate. I will not give up." Elijah turned and walked away.