Again

Genevieve and Garret stayed in the rest of the week, training and cooking and just hanging out around the house

Genevieve and Garret stayed in the rest of the week, training and cooking and just hanging out around the house. Then they moved on to Germany, then to Italy, then finally they were in America again. It had been over two months of the summer that they were traveling. They got closer everyday and Genevieve would always pull back from him, thinking about Elijah.

Garret would leave to go compel people to come to the house so they didn't have to leave and risk Genevieve getting hunted again. Even though they didn't have another incident but Garret said that that was because of them eating in.

It was one of those days she was inside waiting for Garret to get back with people. She stared out the back window of the house at the beautiful landscape around. She sighed, "I'm bored." She pulled out her phone and texted Klaus, Anything from Elijah? Klaus texted back instantly, No. Stop asking me.

She ground her teeth together and threw her phone down, "I give up." She put her head in her hands, "Why do I care? He obviously left for good." She wrapped her arms around her knees, "Why can't I move on?"

She heard someone chuckle and looked up, a man stood in the room, "How did you get in?" She stood, backing away. "The same way they did." He pointed at two men who walked up behind him. "We had a talk with the landlord. He said we could come in...to do some work." She looked around quickly and grabbed a chair, breaking it, creating a stake from the leg.

"I will kill you if you come any closer." She growled. He tilted his head, "You can try." He signaled his guys forward and they ran at Genevieve, she dodged them quickly and slammed her foot into one of their backs. The other one grabbed her around the waist and lifted her up, she kicked back hard against his knee, breaking it backwards.

They both fell to the ground and she turned quickly, shoving the stake through the other man's heart, he dropped. Dead. She pulled her stake out and turned to stab the other man but the boss grabbed her wrist and crushing it in his hand.

Genevieve screamed and dropped her stake, he dropped her wrist then snapped her neck.

When she woke up she could tell she was in a small dark room. She tried to move her arms and cried out at the burning, "The ropes are soaked in vervain." The man smiled at her. "What do you want?" She growled out.

"You know exactly what we want. We want to draw Klaus here, so we can make sure the rumors are true and when you die, we see him die also." She laughed, "You're crazy!" He walked up to her, grabbing a wooden knife on his way, "So, if we torture you it won't transfer to Klaus?" She shook her head, "Okay." He smiled and stabbed the knife into her stomach.

Genevieve screamed and he pulled the knife out, "Bastard." She panted. "We're just getting started." He took another normal knife, "We soaked these in vervain." She glared at him and watched as he stabbed it into her knee. She screamed, closing her eyes, "You're..." She panted, "You're incredibly stupid!" She spat. "You're signing your death warrant." He smirked, "Sure. Are you talking about that Garret kid? He's not going to be a problem for us."

Genevieve laughed, "No, I'm not talking about Garret. Once you draw Klaus here." She laid her head back and looked at the ceiling, "You'll wish you were dead." She looked back at him. He rolled his eyes and stabbed her again, she held back her scream this time, only letting out a pained grunt.

Hours went by and she could feel the blood dripping everywhere, her arms, her legs, her face, sweat soaked her. She looked up at him, "God, you're so stupid. You know?" He took a bucket that looked like water, "We'll see." He dumped the bucket on her and her whole body burned as the water laced with vervain soaked through her clothes. She screamed and pulled at her restraints.

"You're going to die." She panted, she her voice broke as the tears slid down her cheeks. "If you don't die by Klaus' hand, Elijah will kill you. They will hunt you to the ends of the Earth." He chuckled, "More threats? If Klaus is going to kill me, where is he then?"

Genevieve looked at him and smirked, "He's right there." He raised his eyebrow, "You think that would work on me? I'm not stupid, kid."

"I beg to differ." Klaus leaned against the doorway, "I think she's correct in saying you are very stupid." The man grabbed a wooden knife and moved to stab Genevieve in the heart but he didn't make it very far when Klaus had his wrist, "Now, this...this is going to be fun."

Klaus looked at Genevieve, "Hello, my dear. Waiting patiently for me, I see." She rolled her eyes, "Not much else I can do right now." He smirked, "Don't worry, I'll get you out of here. Then you're coming back home because I obviously need to keep you closer." She leaned her head back, "Decided to lock me up after all?"

Klaus threw the man he had a hold of into the wall, "No, of course not, I built a house, it's almost done. I have a room for you, dear. And Garret can stay if you want." He winked and she sighed, "Nothing happening there when I can't get over Elijah leaving me."

Klaus looked away from her and back at the man who was trying to get up, "Can't you see that we're having a family discussion here?" He walked over and kicked him back down then walked back to Genevieve, "Family discussion? Really?" Klaus shrugged, "Well, not by blood but apparently by soul."

Genevieve frowned, "Can you get me the fuck out of here and we talk about this later? You know when I'm not covered in vervain." Klaus took a knife and cut the ropes. She pulled her arms up and rubbed her wrists, "Fuck that hurt." Klaus nodded, "I know. There's a change of clothes outside the door. Garrets somewhere around here, find him." Klaus walked to the man and picked him up, putting him in the chair she was in.

Genevieve walked out the door and pulled her shirt off, putting on the clean, dry, vervain free shirt. She did the same with her pants and shoes. Then she went looking for Garret, she didn't have to look long, "How the hell did they get you?" She cut his ropes, "Fucking ambushed me." He stood, "Klaus is here?" Before she could answer him a scream came down the hall. "That answers my question." He walked out and headed toward the screaming.

She snorted and followed him, "He wants me to come home to Mystic Falls. Apparently he built a house, it's almost done." Garret stopped, "Meaning that he doesn't trust me to watch you any longer." She shrugged, "You did really good for two months...." He looked at her, "This may be the last time I see you for a while, you know?"

She frowned, "He said you could come with me...." Garret chuckled, "So he can kill me later, Genevieve, don't see any good in Klaus. It's not there." She swallowed hard, "I want you to stay around." He grinned, "Tell me why?" He walked toward her and she backed away, against a wall, as he hovered over her, "Tell me why you want me to stay so bad. Tell me why you look at me like you do, then you pull away....is it Elijah? Because he hasn't been here for you, Genevieve. I have though and I need to know if you feel something for me before I follow you. I don't want to be wasting my time."

He put his hand on her cheek, "Do you feel something for me?" He whispered, moving closer. She looked up at him, "I...I do." She whispered, he kissed her. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Elijah's not going to like this...but I guess that's what he gets for not choosing you to stay with you after you were turned." Klaus said, blood splatter covering him head to toe. "Let's go." He walked past them.