Fall Again

Genevieve was in her room, getting ready for a night out with Elena, she had talked to Damon over the phone recently and he threatened to kill her if she told anyone about him crying like a baby over her

Genevieve was in her room, getting ready for a night out with Elena, she had talked to Damon over the phone recently and he threatened to kill her if she told anyone about him crying like a baby over her. She had laughed her ass off and said that she would try her hardest not to let it slip.

She ran a brush through the curls she just made in her hair and started to put on eye liner when someone knocked on her door. She finished her eyeliner quickly then got up, walking over to the door and opening it.

Elijah smiled softly at her, "You look gorgeous. Where are you going?" She crossed her arms, "Out, with Elena and Damon." Elijah chuckled, "Remind me to kill Damon when I have the chance. It's only right since he took it upon himself to kill you."

Genevieve glared, "I asked him too." Elijah stepped into her room, "By all means, Elijah, come in." She said sarcastically, closing the door behind him. "You say that I left you, Genevieve. But by making the decision to die, you left me." She walked up and pushed him, "You chose to leave me before that, don't sit there and try to make me feel bad about protecting my loved ones!" She blinked and she was slammed up against the wall, "I was going to come back!" He held her tightly, "Genevieve, I was going to come back, you were the one who didn't want to wait. I spent over 900 years waiting for you." He stared at her, sadness engulfing him.

Genevieve looked away, "And did it hurt? Waiting for me? Did you not love anybody else? Did you not move on? Until I came back, you would move on, Elijah." He slid his hands down her arms to her wrists, holding them by her waist against the wall. He stepped closer, "It killed me every time you died." He whispered to her, "I loved, Genevieve but no one as much as I loved you. No one can ever replace you in my heart."

"And that's what you think I'm doing? Replacing you? No, you left me. I moved on, just like you do." He shook his head, "I know you're not replacing me,  you're filling the void I left...but I'm back now, you no longer need to fill that void with him." Genevieve glared, "So, you get to waltz in and out of my life and when you decide to come back for me. I have to drop any relationship I have?" She asked and he leaned down, kissing her cheek then running his lips to her ear, "No, but I will always win you back." She laughed, "Arrogant asshole." He smiled and pulled back just slightly so their noses were almost touching, "I love you. If I ever leave again, I will be bringing you with me, angel. You won't have to watch me walk away from you again. You have my word."

Genevieve swallowed, "That's a big commitment to give your word about that." She looked into his eyes and he stared right back. "I know. But you know my word is true." She looked down, "Elijah.." He put his fingers in her hair, "Tell me one thing, just one." She sighed and nodded, "Why did you turn him down? Why aren't you with him?" She looked up at him, "You know why." He smirked, "Tell me."

Genevieve flexed her hands, "Because I still love you. I will always love you, Elijah. Even if you staked me through the heart now....I would still love you." He nodded, "That's why I'm not giving up. Because at the end of the day, Genevieve, you know it'll be me and you through all eternity. No fight, no space, and certainly no boy will change that." She rolled her eyes, "Garret isn't a boy, he's 334." Elijah chuckled, "Genevieve, that is a boy. I'm over a thousand years old. He's a child in my standards."

She cleared her throat, "I have somewhere to be." She pulled her wrists away from him and ducked around him, "I need time, Elijah." Elijah turned to face her, "I know but that doesn't mean I won't try my hardest to get you back the whole time." He walked to her and kissed her forehead. Elijah walked out of the room and she sat down, sighing. "This sucks."

•••
Elijah walked into Klaus' drawing room, "Niklaus. I need you to tell me something." Klaus looked up from his sketch, "Yes, Elijah?" He sighed, heavily. Elijah looked at one of Klaus' paintings, "Can you tell me why I can't feel my soul bond with Genevieve?" He asked, his voice slightly accusing.

Klaus put his sketch up and sat straight, "I didn't do anything with her soul bond with you, brother, why would I care to do something to it?" The hybrid growled softly, getting tired of being blamed for things. Elijah frowned but nodded, "I was thinking maybe her vampirism cut our bond?" He was afraid of that answer but relief flooded through him when Klaus shook his head and narrowed his eyes, "No, that's not how it works. Before Maddox died he told me that bonds grow deeper with vampirism. That's why I can not only feel Genevieve's pain but now when she's hurting the tether pulls taut between us. I get pulled towards her, I think I also feel her emotions sometimes...when they're strong."

Klaus stood and walked towards Elijah, "Something else is going on here."

Klaus and Elijah stared at each other for a minute then it hit them at the same time, "Garret." Elijah nodded, "Have you told her that he has magic?" Klaus growled, "No, I figured he told her himself. Which I'm thinking I put a little to much trust in my old friend Garret.."

Elijah paced, "I saw her the other day for the first time in months and the only thing she thought to do is protect him. When I felt for our bond...there was barely a whisper of it there." Klaus sat down, "You can put a damper on a soul bond with a spell....but you can't with tether, I found that out while trying to see if I could break my tether to her."

Elijah looked at Klaus, "I need to get her alone. I need to find out if Garret did any magic on her or something odd during those months I was gone." Klaus for once agreed, "I think she's up for a new trainer. Considering the last one got her kidnapped and tortured. Would you do the honors?"

Elijah smirked, "Gladly."
•••

When her and Garret returned from hanging out with Elena, they walked into Klaus' house, "You wanna go dance?" Garret looked at her smiling and she nodded, "Yes. I really would." Klaus walked up interrupting them, "Gene, I talked to Elijah and I think you should start training with him ." Genevieve crossed her arms, "Really?" Klaus chuckled, "Yes. You see Garret let himself be ambushed last time and you got hurt, which hurt me. Elijah would never let people ambush him. Garret can stay, maybe he can learn something from Elijah."

Genevieve frowned, "Wow. Everyday you're sounding more and more like my dad." Klaus patted her head, "I guess I'll be what I need to to keep you alive." He grinned. "Even if that means becoming a father figure." Elijah appeared at the top of the stairs and made his way down. "Ready for training, my love?" He smiled then glanced at Garret, "She will learn better and more with me." Genevieve looked at Garret and he glared at Elijah, "What ever you say, Elijah. Just let me know when you're planning to break her heart again."

Elijah grabbed him by the throat, slamming him against the wall, "You may want to watch your tongue, I think you forgot who you are, you are not Genevieve. You do not talk to me like you know me. I could kill you and not even blink." Genevieve ran over, "Elijah, let him go!" Elijah stared at Garret for a moment then dropped him. He turned to Genevieve, fixing his suit cuff, "You better put a leash on that dog, Genevieve, or he's going to get himself killed." Genevieve stepped away from him, fear in her eyes, "What's wrong with you?" Elijah frowned, "Nothing is wrong. You have just never seen me truly mad, Genevieve."

Elijah looked at Klaus then Garret, "I will be in the training room." He disappeared. Genevieve ran to Garret, "Are you okay?" She whispered, pulling him up and he pulled away from her. "I'm fine, Genevieve, go. Watch your back though, one day that man is going to kill you." She shook her head, "No. Elijah would never hurt me." She got up and walked away, heading for the training area.