Grey

Genevieve cried all night long, in the middle of the night she felt the same pain she felt when they stabbed Elijah the first time and she figured he had been stabbed again

Genevieve cried all night long, in the middle of the night she felt the same pain she felt when they stabbed Elijah the first time and she figured he had been stabbed again. Elena was texting her and Damon sent her a couple texts about how Elijah woke up and trying to take Elena so they had to keep the dagger in. He tried to explain himself but Genevieve blocked his number.

She sat in her room, staring at the wall, she felt frozen. How was she supposed to go on? How was she supposed to act like nothing happened? How could she even look at Elena or Damon, or Stefan? How was she supposed to not try to kill Alaric every time she saw him? Maybe after the 15th time seeing him die by her hand she would feel better?

All these questions ran through her mind, every minute of every hour. She tried to take a shower but it just reminded her of Elijah, she tried to dance but she swore she saw Elijah in the mirror, she tried to cook and eat but she just heard her and Elijah laughing, she tried to sit on the couch but he was there too. She tried to sleep but all she could feel was the coldness of the spot next to her.

Everything was him, everything had him in it, everything made her feel the emptiness inside and around her. Half the day she felt like she couldn't breath and like she was dying and the other half she felt numb like the house could burn down with everything and her in it and she didn't care.

A couple days went by and she started feeling effects of the soul bond, she would pass out at random points, her nose would start bleeding and wouldn't stop for an hour after that. Next she noticed when she looked into a mirror, she was ghostly pale, with black circles under her eyes. She felt like she was dying, then the coughing started, first it was a normal cough. She thought maybe she caught something, then she started coughing up blood. It was a little bit at first, she just thought she cut her throat somehow, then she started coughing up more, filling a whole tissue.

She started having to sleep on the couch because she passed out on the stairs one day. She was sure she was dying. She had to be. One day she got so hot she thought she was burning alive, she had to run to the bathroom and take a cold shower but even that didn't help. She screamed and cried, that day she fell asleep on the bathroom floor.

She had finally shut off her phone because the constant messages, updates on things, calls, it drove her crazy.

One day she heard a knock on her front door. She knew it wasn't him but her heart hoped, hoped. She opened the door, Elena stood there. Anger flared up in Genevieve, "What the hell do you want?" She crossed her arms. And Elena frowned, "Gene, you look sick." Genevieve laughed, "Like you care about me." Elena reached towards Genevieve, "I care about you."

Genevieve teared up, "You let them take Elijah away from me, Elena!" Elena shook her head, "I didn't know the plan." Genevieve leaned against the door, "You could have stopped them but you didn't. They listen to you." Elena sighed, "Please, Genevieve, you're one of my best friends. Klaus is here and I thought you should know, we're going to kill him at the dance tonight." Genevieve looked at her, getting dizzy, "Good, do what you want. I don't care. You stopped being my friend when you took part in killing Elijah. Don't talk to me again, Elena." Elena was shocked, "Genevieve, you just met him..."

Genevieve scoffed, "Yeah, and I fell in love with him because unlike you, I can choose one man to be with forever." She started coughing as Elena teared up, "I love Stefan, Genevieve." Genevieve rolled her eyes then saw blood dripping down the hand she coughed in, "Yeah, until those times when you love Damon and you lead him on." Elena cried, "I'm sorry, Genevieve." Genevieve shook her head and regretted it when her head started spinning, "If you were really sorry you would pull the dagger out of Elijah." Elena sighed, still crying, "I can't. You know I can't."'

Genevieve nodded, "Then don't come back." She pushed the door closed and locked it. She cried and walked to the couch, she laid down and closed her eyes. The room was spinning, her stomach started turning, she tried to swallow it back but she leaned up, throwing up on the floor. She blinked at the red spot on the ground, "Blood." She wiped her mouth and her stomach turned again. She got up and ran to her sink in the kitchen, throwing up again, more blood. She cried and sat on the floor by the sink, "What's wrong with me? Elijah....I wish you were here." She whispered, she laid down on the ground and curled up, falling asleep.

She woke up once through the night, throwing up again on the floor before she passed out.

She didn't hear Elena yelling at her door, later that night. "Genevieve!" Stefan had to break open her door, once he smelt the blood he knew it wasn't good. Elena turned on the light, there was a huge spot of blood by the coffee table, then a trail, dripping to the kitchen. Elena spotted Genevieve on the ground, "Gene!" She screamed. She ran to her and tried to wake her up.

Elena looked at Stefan, "Get someone to help!" Stefan nodded and disappeared. He appeared back a couple minutes later with a neighbor, he compelled him, "Bring her out here so I can help her." The man nodded and walked in grabbing Genevieve up, carrying her out to Stefan. Stefan grabbed her from his arms once he was over the threshold and bit his wrist, pushing it against Genevieve's mouth. He could hear her heart beating very slightly, "Come on, Gene." He was staring down at her when Elena walked up.

Stefan looked at her, "Let's get her back to the house." Elena nodded.

They arrived at the Salvatore's house and Stefan carried Genevieve in. Damon looked at her, "What happened?" Stefan shook his head, "We don't know, it looks like she was throwing up blood. I gave her some of my blood but it didn't do much." He laid her on the couch, "You didn't take her to the hospital?" Damon asked. Stefan shook his head, "No, I don't think it's a human thing. She was perfectly fine that day with Elijah." Elena blinked, "They're soulmates....what if us killing Elijah or daggering him....what if it's killing her?"

Damon looked at her, "No. Elena, soulmates, that's folklore and Genevieve got manipulated into thinking she was his, he probably had his witch do something to her." Elena frowned, "That doesn't make sense, why hurt Genevieve? What does he gain from that?" Damon bit his wrist and knelt down by Genevieve, putting his wrist up to her mouth. "Come on, Gene. Drink." He stared at her as the blood started to drip from the sides of her mouth.

Damon waited, staring at her throat, finally after what felt like 10 years, she swallowed. He pulled his wrist back up to his mouth and bit down again, repeating the process several times. "Okay, she should have enough in her system." Elena had grabbed a wash cloth and was washing Genevieve's face off. Damon sighed, "I'm going to need a blood bag, and rest, and shower." He walked away. Stefan left also, saying he was going to go hunt, just in case he needed to give Genevieve blood next.

Elena sat by Genevieve's feet and thought about what she had said to her that morning. They were soulmates, Genevieve was going to start dying again as soon as the vampire blood left her system. She didn't understand the bond but Bonnie had explained a little to her. They were connect by the heart and felt each other's pain...Elijah needed to be woken for Genevieve to survive. She swallowed, she knew what she had to do.

Elena got up and snuck down to the basement, and walked to Elijah. She pulled the dagger out of his chest and sat waiting for him to wake up.