Baby Fever

Genevieve and Elijah traveled for a while, trying to find a secluded place that they could call their own

Genevieve and Elijah traveled for a while, trying to find a secluded place that they could call their own. Until they found a little place in Russia in a small village, it was comfortable and no one knew about the originals or vampires for that matter.

Elijah laid in bed one day, just thinking about things that were happening in Virginia. Niklaus was alive. Elena had become a vampire because Rebekah had made Matt drive off the bridge with her. Niklaus was pissed at Rebekah because he no longer had the any of Elena's human blood because she destroyed it all. They were all fighting to find this cure for Elena. Then Kol had been killed by Elena and her brother.

Elijah didn't leave this time for Kol's death, he stayed in Russia and let his siblings argue and fight over this cure, he didn't have time to think about all of that. Genevieve was officially showing now, her baby bump still very small though, he loved it. He loved seeing her like that, she was absolutely perfect in every way, the way she would move around, just cleaning or cooking or just laying next to him. He couldn't stop watching her, she still danced around the house and he was enthralled by her.

Every moment was bliss in that little house in Russia and he never wanted to leave, never wanted to see any person but her. She brought all the light to his darkness and he felt at perfect ease in her presence. But all good things come to an end. When one day they got a call from Niklaus, asking for his help back in Mystic Falls, Virginia. At first, Elijah automatically told him no and hung up. But he called back, saying it's life or death and it had to do with Genevieve.

That got Elijah's attention, "Niklaus, if I travel all the way back to Virginia from where I am....just for something ridiculous and about you. I will kill you." Niklaus' voice came over the phone, "There are people asking around about Genevieve, Elijah. Remember? I am tethered to her, if she dies, I die. Plus...I happen to enjoy her....company." Elijah grinned, "She's not around me, Niklaus. You can say you like her."  Niklaus growled, "And never live it down with her? No thank you. But either way, you need to come back and bring her so she has more protection."

Elijah sighed and got off his and Genevieve's bed, walking out to the kitchen where she was twirling around, cooking some kind of cake to some music. He just leaned against the door frame for a moment and watched her, "Elijah?" Klaus said over the phone, "Hello?" Elijah blinked, "Sorry, brother, I'm being hypnotized." Klaus groaned, "God, you sound like a love sick puppy." Elijah smiled and walked into the kitchen, "I am. That's fine with me. I'll think about what you said, goodbye Niklaus." He hung up and wrapped his arms around Genevieve, kissing her neck, "Have I told you that you're beautiful, today?"

Genevieve giggled and leaned back against him, "Yes but I can stand to hear it one more time." He grinned, "You're beautiful. The most beautiful woman I've seen in my life." She laid her head back on his shoulder, "That's a lot of life, are you sure?" He laughed, "I've never been as sure of something as I am that." She kissed his jaw, "I'm making chocolate cake, you want some?" He kissed her head, "That is the third chocolate cake you've had this week, I can't eat that much chocolate." Genevieve laughed, "Perks of being pregnant, I guess."

Elijah pulled away, "Niklaus called. People are in Virginia asking about you. He thinks I should bring you there to flush them out and so you have more protection." She frowned and looked at the cake mix she was mixing together, "Do you think it's a good idea?" Elijah dipped his finger in the cake mix and put some in his mouth, "It's up to you. I don't think it's a horrible idea to have three of us around you to protect you at all times." She stopped what she was doing and turned around to face him, "You miss them, don't you?" Elijah chuckled, "You're starting to read me too well. Yes, I miss my siblings but I also have never been happier." She smiled, "What if we go and find out what people are wanting with me then we come back? We can see if Rebekah and Klaus want to join us." He nodded, "Okay. We'll leave tomorrow for Virginia."

So, that's what they did. They packed that night and left the next day, landing in Virginia a day later. Genevieve sighed as she saw the Mystic Falls sign, "I hate that sign." Elijah looked at her, "Do you want me to destroy it for you?" She laughed, "No, I just have a bad feeling every time I see it."

Elijah pulled into Niklaus' drive way and got out, walking around to open the door for Genevieve. "I'll think about it? And you're here two days later." Klaus laughed, "Didn't take long to think." He walked towards Genevieve, "Hello love. How are you?" She smiled, "Good, not really caring to be back in town though but this time since we're not running off, I get to see my father." Klaus looked her over and his eyes stopped at her stomach. She looked down and put a hand on her small baby bump, "Klaus..." He looked up at her, "You're pregnant? How is that possible? What the hell is this?" He glared at Genevieve. "Are you a witch? Have you been lying to us?" He stepped toward her, threateningly and she stepped away, covering her bump protectively.

Elijah grabbed Klaus by the neck and threw him against the wall, "Do not threaten her, Niklaus, because you do not understand it. I will kill you if you touch her or try to include her or our child in any of your plans." Klaus growled, "Always assuming the worst of me, brother." He pushed Elijah off of him, "Is she a witch? Did she create this tether between us?" He looked at Genevieve and she shook her head, "No, Klaus. Trust me, I rather not be tethered to you." She glared at him and walked past him, stopping for a moment, "You know, when Alaric killed you. I fought for you, I cried for you, I mourned your death....and you assume the worst of me, Klaus. Thanks." She walked away, inside the house, going to find Rebekah.

Elijah looked at Klaus, "Your paranoia...it's going to ruin everything for you. Did you know, if it wasn't for her risking her life, our child's life, Rebekah would be dead right now?" Elijah grabbed his and Genevieve's suitcases, walking inside, leaving Klaus standing against the wall, staring at the ground.