Last Name

A few months went by and Elijah and Genevieve returned home

A few months went by and Elijah and Genevieve returned home. A a couple weeks later Klaus took off to New Orleans, promising to keep in touch. Elijah was supposed to contact him the moment Genevieve went into labor so he could make his way back.

Rebekah followed them this time, joining them at their house. Reese, Genevieve's father, promised that he would be there for the last month of her pregnancy and for her sons birth.

Genevieve had noticed small differences in her, she healed almost instantly if hurt. She didn't need as much blood as a normal vampire should. Just a glass every other day kept her going just fine. She was tired a lot more and things took more energy for her to do, like dancing, cooking, cleaning. She knew it was because her body was putting all its energy into creating a healthy baby but it frustrated her to not be able to do anything.

Her sleep schedule was completely thrown out the window, she was up and down at random times and intervals. Elijah never complained about her sleeping during the day, waking up in the evening, then staying up until the middle of the night. He easily switched with her, when she was up, he would follow after her, when she finally fell asleep, he would rest also.

Elijah was amazing, she apologized constantly for being up and down, not only her sleeping habits but her mood. She seemed to get mad at him or upset sometimes over the smallest things and it made her feel worse because he never said anything that would hurt her or upset her. He was everything that any woman could ask for.

She was laying on Elijah on the couch, by the fireplace one day, he was running light fingers over her baby bump that was growing everyday. Genevieve was lost in her thoughts, watching the flames in the fireplace dance with each other when something occurred to her. "Elijah." He glanced down at her, "Hmm?" She sat up and turned to look at him, "Will the baby have my last name or yours?"

Elijah sat up and frowned, "Well, I don't know if I want him to have my families name. I feel like it's a curse, Mikaelson has brought nothing but pain and darkness to this world. I honestly don't want to honor my father by continuing it." She nodded, "So, you want to have him named Evans? What about if..." She blushed and trailed off.

Elijah put a hand on her cheek, "What if what, angel?" She bit her lip, looking down at her hands, "I mean, you mentioned a while back when you were undaggered. You mentioned me being your wife...I was just thinking...if you still wanted that. Wouldn't I take your last name?" She rambled, embarrassment clear on her face, as if she thought he changed his mind in the last 6 months.

Elijah laughed and kissed her cheek, "Genevieve. Of course, I still want that. I have not changed my mind in the slightest. I just thought we would wait for our son to be born. I don't want the stress of a wedding on your shoulders, this pregnancy has been stressful enough for you." He ran his fingers through her hair, "Once you give birth and I have made sure that both you and our son are alive, healthy, and thriving. Then I will ask you, the proper way I should have in the beginning."

She giggled and put her hands on her stomach, "Image trying to get this into a wedding dress." Elijah chuckled, "No matter what, you will be stunning." He kissed her then leaned down and kissed her stomach. "As for the last name." He looked up at her, "I don't want my last name, I have always hated my father and I rather not have anything resembling honor for him in our new life."

He kissed her forehead, "Now, Evans. I don't mind that. What do you think? Elijah Evans?" He grinned at her and she smiled back, "I love it. It sounds like it was meant to be." He touched his forehead against hers, "I don't want you or our son to carry the dishonor of the Mikaelson name."

She shook her head, "I don't think it's completely bad, some things have been good coming out of it. Like you, our son, Rebekah isn't so bad, Niklaus....well...yeah, he's bad but he has a speck of good in him." Elijah raised and eyebrow, "You give us to much credit. We're not good, we're just good to you." She laughed, "Well, I'm biased, honestly. We haven't really decided on a name for our son, you know?"

Elijah looked at the fire, thoughtfully, "Ezra." Genevieve tilted her head to the side and thought for a moment then she nodded with a soft smile on her face. "That sounds perfect. Do you know what it means?" Elijah's eyes danced with the firelight, making the normal dark brown shift from shades of warm chocolate to amber and the blackest coffee.

Genevieve got lost for a moment in the hypnotizing melting of all shades of brown but she finally blinked out of it when Elijah answered her question, "It means helper." She looked at the flames in the fire place, "I like it. What about Ezra Liam Evans?" She leaned against him, "Liam means protection and strong willed warrior?"

Elijah nodded, "I like that, it goes together very well." Genevieve closed her eyes and laid her head against his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her. She fell asleep quickly and an hour later Elijah moved her to their bed, she only woke to shift into a more comfortable position with her pregnant belly it had been harder for her to find any position comfortable.

Elijah pulled his shirt off and pulled the covers back, joining her in bed and sleep.