Soul Bond

Elena was sitting there for hours until finally Elijah gasped back to life

Elena was sitting there for hours until finally Elijah gasped back to life. She ran to him, "Elijah!" He looked at her confused, "Katerina?" She shook her head, "Elijah, it's me! Elena!" He laid back, "Oh, my god." He started breathing heavily and stood up, "I can't-I can't breath. What's happening to me?" Elijah ran to the door and gasped, "I can't...I can't be in this house." It dawned on Elena, "You're not invited in." Elijah looked up at her, "Then get me out of here."

Elijah ran out of the room, in his hurry, running into things as he went. Finally he made it out side and he breathed deeply. Elena walked to the door and Elijah looked at her angrily, he got up and rushed toward her but the barrier stopped him. "What happened?" He growled. "Shhh." Elena shushed him, she pointed upstairs then at her ear. "I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?" He narrowed his eyes at her, "Can I trust you?" She handed him the dagger and he took it, putting it in his pocket.

Elena looked back on the couch and Elijah saw Genevieve laying there, "I don't leave without her." He looked at Elena. She nodded and walked over to Genevieve, hoping that the blood at least helped her a little. She patted Genevieve's cheek and she moved her head, slightly, "Genevieve." She whispered, "You're going to have to help me with your weight, I can't lift you alone." She pulled Genevieve up and wrapped her arm around her shoulders, "We just have to get to the door." Genevieve tried to hold herself up but she was tripping over her own feet.

Elijah watched them get closer and his heart was pounding, she was just a couple steps from him and he couldn't get to her, it was torture. Elena finally made it to the threshold and Elijah swept Genevieve up into his arms. "Genevieve." He whispered and kissed her forehead. Elena walked out the door, "Come on." He followed Elena to her car, he laid Genevieve in the back seat. Elena got in the driver seat and Elijah got in the passenger seat.

Elena started the car and drove away, once they were a good distance away, she looked at Elijah, who was drinking a blood bag, "Do you know what happened to Genevieve?" He nodded and sighed, "She's reacting to our soul bond, or soulmates, what ever you want to call it. She was dying because I was daggered. The magic binds our lives together, if we were human, we would die shortly after each other but since I'm a vampire....she's the one who dies." Elena looked at him, "You look better." He looked at her, "Where did you get the dagger?"

Elena had pulled off to the side of the road and turned towards Elijah, "I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elijah frowned, "Your ability to make demands has long passed." Elena sighed, "No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours." Elijah chuckled, "And why should I even consider this?" Elena looked back at Genevieve then at Elijah, "Why hasn't she woke up?" Elijah looked at Genevieve, "She's going to need my blood." Elena nodded, "As for your question. The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

Elena's phone started ringing and she pulled it out, answering, "Where are you? Are you okay?" Stefan asked. Elena answered, "Yes, I'm fine." Stefan voice came over the phone, "Where's Elijah?" Elena looked at Elijah, "He's right here." Stefan's panicked voice came over, "Where? I'm on my way." Elena shook her head, "No, Stefan, Elijah and I need some time alone." Stefan answered, "Listen to me. He can't be trusted he'll use you to get to Klaus." Elena looked at Genevieve then at Elijah, "Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself."

Stefan sighed, "You can't do this alone." Elena frowned, "It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it. And make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid. I'll be in touch." She hung up the phone and handed Elijah the phone, he placed it in his pocket. "He's here." Elijah looked at her then at Genevieve, "Klaus is here?" Elijah opened his door and opened the back door, climbing in with Genevieve. Elena shifted to see what he was doing, he lifted Genevieve's head up, laying it back on his knees when he sat down on the seat she was laying in.

Elijah bit his wrist and put it against Genevieve's mouth, as soon as his blood touched her tongue she started to drink. Elena frowned, "Stefan and Damon gave her blood last night. It didn't do much. Damon gave her a lot and it still barely did anything." Elijah shook his head, "Of course not. Her body is used to my blood, it's older and more potent. That's why Damon had to give so much, it had to match mine." He pulled his wrist away from Genevieve once he felt she had enough. "She'll wake up soon."

Elijah laid her back down and got out of the back, getting in the front again. "So, Klaus is here." Elena nodded, "He's taken over Alaric's body." Elijah shook his head, "Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks." Elena started the car again, "Well, what are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him." Elijah nodded, "Yes I do." Elena started driving, "Where do you want to go?" Elijah smiled, "Lockwood mansion."

When they got there Elijah picked Genevieve up and carried her to the door, knocking. Elena stood beside him. Mrs. Lockwood answered the door, "Elijah, Elena! What are you doing here? What happened to Genevieve?" Elijah looked at Genevieve, "I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help." Carol frowned, "Well, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I.." Elijah looked at her, "It won't take but a minute of your time." Carol nodded, "Of course." Elijah smiled, "Thank you."

When they entered he asked for a suit and a room to lay Genevieve down in. Carol provided both, Elijah laid Genevieve down on the bed and kissed her head then he changed and went back downstairs.